G-Spot and Eden trail ripped up by motorbikes

Rouxenator

They seem to have entered through the small gate just above Paradyskloof. Lots of skid marks at the old shooting range club house. By the looks of it they are still at it because despite the rain this morning, which would have partly washed over their tracks, I saw what appeared to be fresh tracks near the top of the Coetzenburg trail.

post-38519-0-56865900-1461604007_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-26890500-1461604094_thumb.jpg

Another strange thing was seeing a white Hyundai Getz (CF 50286) on the dirt roads above Coetzenburg between runners en cyclist. WTF was it doing up there?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be my imagination but it seems to me that dirt bikes are making a come back - seeing more moto's on bakkies and weird towbar racks than MTBs these days. 

Maybe its time to upgrade to an engine. There are all these nice trails already built for them. I'd love a KTM 300 2 stroke ...

:-)

Might be my imagination but it seems to me that dirt bikes are making a come back - seeing more moto's on bakkies and weird towbar racks than MTBs these days. 

Maybe its time to upgrade to an engine. There are all these nice trails already built for them. I'd love a KTM 300 2 stroke ...

Maybe Dr Jarrad was right ;)

https://twitter.com/JarradVZ/status/719966498228465664

Please don't put thoughts into my son's head.  I can't afford to even replace his old YZ85's cracked rear rim.  How will I afford a 125 or 250, now that he is 16.  And at the same time keep his XCO HT on the trails.  And now he wants an Enduro bike also.

You guys are evil.

A scoot is a real money trap bru! Busy converting my current bike into a super motard to use for the short commute to the office and get plenty of smiles all the way to work!

If you take it to the next level and start racing get ready for REAL expenses! Entry fees are typically R1500 + per MSA event, after you have dropped long dollars on kit and maintenance bills!

A scoot is a real money trap bru! Busy converting my current bike into a super motard to use for the short commute to the office and get plenty of smiles all the way to work!

If you take it to the next level and start racing get ready for REAL expenses! Entry fees are typically R1500 + per MSA event, after you have dropped long dollars on kit and maintenance bills!

I can imagine. I used to have an old 2 s MX bike for fun. I didnt ever use it properly and I enjoy MTB far more, but that noise and smell of 2s fumes still haunt me...

Love the whole motard idea - how about an RM 500 2 s with road tyres?

I can imagine. I used to have an old 2 s MX bike for fun. I didnt ever use it properly and I enjoy MTB far more, but that noise and smell of 2s fumes still haunt me...

Love the whole motard idea - how about an RM 500 2 s with road tyres?

Oh, I can just smell the 2s oil now... Along with that distinctive 2T yelly screamy 

Oh - and I reckon that that would be absolutely bloody fantastic. 

EDIT: Found one of the holy grails...

http://www.gumtree.co.za/a-motorcycles-scooters/harrismith/1985-honda-cr500/1001633941320910170340409

Had this exact same feeling that it isn't just me paying more attention to it. Seeing a lot more bikes on bakkies and trailers over weekends.

Maico make a 700cc 2 stroke beast...

http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/maico-releases-new-updated-2010-mmx-models-available-in-250cc-320cc-500cc-620cc-and-700cc-versions-with-talon-hubs-acerbis-plastic-aluminum-tanks-and-keihin-carbs

There's a supermotard version of this now too! Search google to hear some of the most insane two stroke grunts ever!

Here's some of the history on it:

http://articles.superhunky.com/4/52

There's also a crew of chaps in the US who take old CR500 motors and drop then into updated Honda MX frames.

https://www.servicehonda.com/cr500af05.html

I raced back in the day when methanol was the fuel! The smells are what has kept me a petrolhead to this day!

This thread has derailed...

Up in Gauteng-a-leng, we lost a lot of private property access, due to these pillocks.

Be afraid.

I now want a motorbike :(

(actually, ever since I had to sell my Fazer, I've wanted another bike, but SA drivers have been mitigating against that particular financial pitfall; moto x removes other drivers from the equation...)

I now want a motorbike :(

(actually, ever since I had to sell my Fazer, I've wanted another bike, but SA drivers have been mitigating against that particular financial pitfall; moto x removes other drivers from the equation...)

You crash a LOT more on a dirtbike. Yes the trees aren't drunk and doing 120 but they still hurt.

Also there's a LOT of admin around owning a dirtbike. 2 hours of riding is a 6 hour exercise.

pack your kit

Get the bike on the bakkie

get to the track

take the bike off

get kitted up

hopefully the bike starts

ride

take kit off

pack the bike on the bakkie

drive home

take the bike off the bakkie

wash it immediately

lube everything.

#ballache.

So hopefully if I see any features that are damaged, no one will mind if I attempt to repair them. I might go ride there tom, if I feel like driving that far.

Did somebody say KTM 300?

Oh what fun!!!!

Packing, loading, getting kit on blah blah blah is worth it.

post-44007-0-77390800-1461699423_thumb.png

Archived