Dopers suck

fandacious

So here is my solution, fans make sport what it is so let the fans decide, host two forms of every competition, race, tournament etc. one where there is a no hold barred dope all you want policy and another clean voluntary drug test weekly to be done at your own expense at approved independent labs. Then see which one of the two attracts the biggest crowds most sponsors and highest prize money.

For me it is kind of obvious that all the crowds, sponsors and prize money will go to the "clean form". Athletes will go there and still try and cheat and you will end up with the same problem.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know Blake tested positive.. interesting

As for Bolt.. I am still sticking to the freak of nature and the perfect physique bit[emoji39] [emoji102]

I'd like to believe it as well just won't be too surprised if it turns out it's not the case

For me it is kind of obvious that all the crowds, sponsors and prize money will go to the "clean form".

Don't necessarily agree with this part

Athletes will go there and still try and cheat and you will end up with the same problem.

Probably a major flaw in the idea

Bring the lynch mob because this is going to be a very bold and probably unpopular stance on what should be done about doping.

Based on research done by BBC journalist Mark Daly and presented in the documentary BBC Panorama "Catch me if you can" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImBqZKOl6LA

Even the most stringent testing regimes i.e. the biological passport only catches about 2% of doping cheats.

So here is my solution, fans make sport what it is so let the fans decide, host two forms of every competition, race, tournament etc. one where there is a no hold barred dope all you want policy and another clean voluntary drug test weekly to be done at your own expense at approved independent labs. Then see which one of the two attracts the biggest crowds most sponsors and highest prize money.

The only reason I suggest this is I am sick of the lie professional sports is selling. At the last couple of IAAF events everyone wore bibs with the message "I run clean", when you need to start repeating a message that loudly that often it becomes akin to propaganda really.

My logic behind saying almost everyone does it (except maybe only Van Niekerk) goes like this; supposedly doping gives you such an advantage that it is almost impossible for a clean athlete to compete against doping athletes. Given that we accept that we need to be asking some serious questions about someone like Usain Bolt, almost every single one of Bolt's competitors have been caught doping and served bans (Asafa Powell, Justin Gatlin, Yohan Blake, Tyson Gay to name but a few) yet Bolt manages to beat all of these confirmed dopers consistently, something just doesn't add up! Same goes for nearly every single sport, so all things considered the guys winning are simply better at not getting caught.

That's all, rant over.

They say, never say never...but your suggested solution is never gonna happen. Would be interesting if it did though!

The guy who invents a "Pre-Race" screening system whereby when one enters a start chute there is some sort of scan that detects all these substances will for sure get rich and win a Nobel prize!

• 1 month later...

For how long should a person be punished? These guys were caught, they have been punished, they have served their sentence. You cannot keep on ostracising them for past mistakes.

Take Owen Hannie as an example. He was bust in 2000. That is 16 years ago. Now people are opening up old wounds. He has done more for cycling since then than most Hubbers put together.

Those of you that are intent on boycotting events that allow "rehabilitated dopers" to compete, put your money where your mouth is and cancel your Supersport subscription. If you are prepared to boycott events that allow ex-dopers, then boycott Supersport for employing ex-dopers.

Couldn't agree more ! They have done the crime and the time. 

So we should invite guys like Lance back with open arms?

For how long should a person be punished? These guys were caught, they have been punished, they have served their sentence. You cannot keep on ostracising them for past mistakes.

Take Owen Hannie as an example. He was bust in 2000. That is 16 years ago. Now people are opening up old wounds. He has done more for cycling since then than most Hubbers put together.

Those of you that are intent on boycotting events that allow "rehabilitated dopers" to compete, put your money where your mouth is and cancel your Supersport subscription. If you are prepared to boycott events that allow ex-dopers, then boycott Supersport for employing ex-dopers.

Have you not seen the 'Goodbye DSTV' and 'Let me introduce KODI to you' threads?

You don't need another reason to bin it off, there are plenty already.

Edited by marko35s

Yes they have, and therefore they are ALLOWED to race again. However we are ALLOWED to call them cheating knobs.

Serving your time does not make you a none knob all of a sudden.

Your are still a cheat.

Accepting responsibility for your actions, making a difference to the cycling community and apologizing to the other Pro's and youngsters who's careers and futures your have negatively affected by your selfish actions is a start in the process of removing your "cheating knob" label.

I am yet to see somebody do that?

Yes they have, and therefore they are ALLOWED to race again. However we are ALLOWED to call them cheating knobs.

Your are still a cheat.

Accepting responsibility for your actions, making a difference to the cycling community and apologizing to the other Pro's and youngsters who's careers and futures your have negatively affected by your selfish actions is a start in the process of removing your "cheating knob" label.

Should a lawyer be allowed to practice law 2yrs after stealing money from trust funds?

• 3 weeks later...

Your are still a cheat.

I compare it to cheating spouses. Not everyone agrees with the cheater. Does all his friends suddenly leave him alone? Some do so don't. Does his spouse forgive him? Some do some don't.

Personally I think cheating on your spouse is much worse. You should not be allowed to have any relationship again. I think you should wear a 'I am a cheating knob' sign around your neck.

But it is not for me to decide.

At least cycling have got rules.