Dopers suck

fandacious

So, he just ignores the ban and continues?

I read this: https://inthebunch.co.za/2018/07/kevin-evans-tells-how-he-beat-addiction/

If i recall correctly he got charged with some stuff he was given during an operation, but he had already retired so chose not to contest it. I had a certain level of sympathy for that.

according to this article - At the beginning of 2016 it was reported that the SA Institute for Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS) had charged Evans with doping after finding irregularities in his Athlete Biological Passport (ABP); a “longitudinal value of blood parameters”.

It resulted in a ban until March 3 next year.

So what's the truth, was he on EPO with DG and just got caught out by the ABP?

was he lying here when he said:

“No. I didn’t know. Not at all,” said Evans yesterday when asked if he had had any idea that George was taking banned substances. It was a simple answer to a simple question. He has been asked the same question by his sponsors several times in the last few days. And the answer has been the same. One of his sponsors told me they had also asked Evans straight up if he had ever doped himself. “He said no, absolutely not. Never,” the sponsor said and asked not to be named. “I believed him. I don’t think Kevin could be a good liar. He couldn’t look his family and friends in the eye if he was cheating.

https://www.iol.co.za/the-star/evans-i-did-not-know-1419424

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah cause we are the assholes here.

Never said that... never implied it either. But I am guessing we're a little sensitive this morning  :)

Excuse my ignorance ...

Who is the rider under sanction here ??

Many of us feel the same , but we just don't know who the dopers are , or what they look like , so we can't voice our displeasure to them or the organizers.....

Kevin Evans recently raced "road" in K2C and Dr. Evil Classic. He has a 4 year ban that lasts till 3 March 2019

See here for details on his ban:  https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/news/mtb/sa-mtb/kevin-evans-accepts-doping-charge-r3991

Edited by GaryvdM

If i recall correctly he got charged with some stuff he was given during an operation, but he had already retired so chose not to contest it. I had a certain level of sympathy for that.

according to this article - At the beginning of 2016 it was reported that the SA Institute for Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS) had charged Evans with doping after finding irregularities in his Athlete Biological Passport (ABP); a “longitudinal value of blood parameters”.

It resulted in a ban until March 3 next year.

So what's the truth, was he on EPO with DG and just got caught out by the ABP?

was he lying here when he said:

https://www.iol.co.za/the-star/evans-i-did-not-know-1419424

Not really opening up this whole can of worms again (I am sure there is a thread though if you want to shoot the lights out), but I do recall at the time there were some serious inconsistencies with dates and stories etc. It really didn't look good.

Kev's a nice guy though who did a stupid thing - he's been through the mill since then and you can only sympathize a little, so it's good to see him back in a better place these days - but in my books he should certainly not be racing. It's just not on... and illegal. Unless the events aren't sanctioned, I'm not too clued up on the specifics?

Edited by Andrew Steer

What i want 2 know is how SAIDS dishes out these sanctions? KE had a difference in his Blood Biological Passport and gets 4 years ban.... his team mate DG gets bust for EPO and gets 22 months, and then Rouke Crouser gets 4 years for EPO... where is the consistency
Mind you we are talking about SAIDS where anything can happen

Edited by Paulst12

Open the link, open the picture.

The name is underlined...

Got it ....

The wonders of modern technology .

Have to agree with Eldron.

"we" also have our very own dagga thread on the here.  And there is a shitfit by "we" about a wannabe  riding some evil event but "we" are sending a doper as part of our national team to worlds?  WORLDS people.  Worlds.

Weird "we"s in this place.....

Yolande?

Never said that... never implied it either. But I am guessing we're a little sensitive this morning  :)

No, you guess wrong.

You got a snarky response to a deflective statement, own it. If you need to put that down somebody else "being a little sensitive", well thats on you too.

Edited by Patchelicious

Unless the events aren't sanctioned, I'm not too clued up on the specifics?

That's how I understand it, race not sanctioned so technically he is allowed to ride. I think many on thehub applauded K2C organisers when they showed CSA the middle finger and decided to do the race unsanctioned. We just didn't quite expect that they would do the same to people who are annoyed by doping

Guess this is one of the unforeseen consequences when we get what we wish for... 

That's how I understand it, race not sanctioned so technically he is allowed to ride. I think many on thehub applauded K2C organisers when they showed CSA the middle finger and decided to do the race unsanctioned. We just didn't quite expect that they would do the same to people who are annoyed by doping

Guess this is one of the unforeseen consequences when we get what we wish for... 

By allowing a person who is serving a doping sanction to ride, and not a small one, they are showing the clean riders a middle finger too.

I used to be very militant about dopers and people who have doping histories. As I have become older, I have relaxed this stance somewhat... but honestly, riding races while under sanction is a big FU to everybody.

Edited by Patchelicious

riding races while under sanction is a big FU to everybody.

This is what makes this so annoying, it's not as if he was sneaking in hoping not to get noticed. He features quite prominently on the photos posted by the organisers afterwards.

This is what makes this so annoying, it's not as if he was sneaking in hoping not to get noticed. He features quite prominently on the photos posted by the organisers afterwards.

He's still a local hero... Doping pays  :blush: