Dopers suck

fandacious

ya but lets go through this again.

K2C and Dr.Evil are not races...they're fun rides.

I mean heck man, its not like he rode the Argust or sumfing

Yes but some other youngster may be using these events to build credibility to get sponsors and possibly go pro in a year or two and maybe even just get to go to Europe to test himself properly.

That one position that is stolen by a doper or rider under sanction means a lot to him and eventually the sport as a whole. Just think if something like this demoralized Alan Hatherly in his younger years.... He may never have gotten to where is is now, carrying our hopes and dreams on his shoulders.

#justthinkofthebigpicture

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it sanctioned by CSA?

If not then it’s not a Race but a “race” also known as a fun ride.

Semantics, I know its a race, you know it's a race - call it what you like but just about everyone else including the organisers call it a race.  Should a guy banned from CSA races be welcomed by a premier seeding event for the "argus"?  The organisers technically have the right to welcome whomever if it's not a sanctioned event.  Doesn't make it right though

Imagine what the general already skeptical public would think if you told them a guy banned from cycling just came 11th in a non race which will get him a great seeding in the biggest non race in the world.  Then explain that during the big non race he is no longer banned as he has served his cycling sentence by riding really fast in fun events

Yes but some other youngster may be using these events to build credibility to get sponsors and possibly go pro in a year or two and maybe even just get to go to Europe to test himself properly.

That one position that is stolen by a doper or rider under sanction means a lot to him and eventually the sport as a whole. Just think if something like this demoralized Alan Hatherly in his younger years.... He may never have gotten to where is is now, carrying our hopes and dreams on his shoulders.

#justthinkofthebigpicture

Argh jittery cry me a river man. No one is getting a shot at a pro contract from K2C results unless you peeping to win the title of professional fun rider at the Argust. It’s a thing I hear.

Semantics, I know its a race, you know it's a race - call it what you like but just about everyone else including the organisers call it a race.  Should a guy banned from CSA races be welcomed by a premier seeding event for the "argus"?  The organisers technically have the right to welcome whomever if it's not a sanctioned event.  Doesn't make it right though

Imagine what the general already skeptical public would think if you told them a guy banned from cycling just came 11th in a non race which will get him a great seeding in the biggest non race in the world.  Then explain that during the big non race he is no longer banned as he has served his cycling sentence by riding really fast in fun events

So organizers have rights that they can’t exercise. Well Jesus did they get your memo yet ?

The rules allow a sanctioned athlete to participate in non sanctioned events. This is true across all sorts except Lance Armstrong. And Kevin ain’t as big as Lance

So organizers have rights that they can’t exercise. Well Jesus did they get your memo yet ?

The rules allow a sanctioned athlete to participate in non sanctioned events. This is true across all sorts except Lance Armstrong. And Kevin ain’t as big as Lance

Where did I say organisers have rights they can't exercise?  In fact I said the contrary.  What I said is,  just because they can,  doesn't make it right.

But you know this, you'd probably argue with your alias.  Just rather come out and say you think it's ok for dopers to ride events and be done with it

edit spelling

Edited by Waynemol

Yes, the organisers have the right to allow him to ride, just like the rest of the cycling population has a right to boycott the event in future.

Why you defending KE and the race organisers so much dude?

I hold no flame for any bust doper, but I see them differently.

DG took his punishment, served his time and came back onto the scene with a big dose of humility - like he should have. He is lucky to be able to ride anything again.

Then there is the other cabal who have consistently denied, played the victim mentality and now show the rest the middle finger by entering events while under suspension.

The worst is the don who recently got bust, to see him still hash-tagging his crap #omerta to his friends and followers - his that cocky attitude just epitomizes the cabal's approach. High time one of them copped a criminal charge for fraud or trafficking.

Yes, the organisers have the right to allow him to ride, just like the rest of the cycling population has a right to boycott the event in future.

Why you defending KE and the race organisers so much dude?

Why is the narrative always so personal ? The rules are not there just for Kevin. If you don’t like the rules then change them.

Professional athletes who get sanctioned for doping have their RACING license revoked.

Banning from non sanctioned events is not the jurisdiction of the CSA or WADA

Why is the narrative always so personal ? The rules are not there just for Kevin. If you don’t like the rules then change them.

Professional athletes who get sanctioned for doping have their RACING license revoked.

Ok, whatever Kevin.

So here’s the contrarian perspective:

It is insanely hard to make a living as a professional cyclist. If you make a team, you can just scrape by unless you truly make it in which case you might earn about as much as a mediocre soccer player in UK’s second division.

This reality means that the penalty for not making a team is not only missing out on your dream but also on a means to make a living which in turn makes it very attractive to cross the PED line (especially when you know quite a few of those on the team have done so).

Not saying doping is or should be acceptable / condoned but do feel it is understandable and could honestly not say I would not cross that line if living their reality.

Given that sentiment, I do not have hard feelings towards guys and girls who got caught. They went too far and paid a price and that could have happened to me if I would have been blessed with their type of legs.

Argh jittery cry me a river man. No one is getting a shot at a pro contract from K2C results unless you peeping to win the title of professional fun rider at the Argust. It’s a thing I hear.

Yes. sponsors will not only look at one achievement at any event e.g. K2C, but every event DOES count looking at the big picture when you're a youngster desperately trying to get sponsorship, including K2C.

a) It's nothing personal against Kevin. The thread is not called "Kevin suck", although by association he is included in the "Doper suck" category. The reason Kevin's name is mentioned is because firstly he cheated, and secondly he chooses to participate in races fun rides ( :rolleyes: ) whilst still under suspension.  

b) I'm sure it's personal to people that try to earn a living as a pro but are struggling to do so as a result of cheaters having an unfair advantage

Zero f's given. 

He keeps un flagging all his KOM's I flag while he got under his ban..EDIT 

EDIT:

Was not wearing my glasses

Edited by Quagga