Dopers suck

fandacious

5 minutes ago, dave303e said:

Bellemore nearly broke his record a few weeks back. He lost a shoe in the first lap when a competitor fell so he didn't make it. But a 4:30 beer mile with 1 shoe on is a major athletic achievement...

so there goes the argument of carbon shoes being so important. My YT algorithm made sure this was put in front of me, commentary team took a while to pick up on it.

that guy is a specimen of note.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

The sub5 minute beermile was seen as less attainable than a sub2 marathon.

Then James "the Beast" Nielsen clocked the iconic 4:57, blew the world apart and now it stands at 4:27.

forget carbon shoes, carbon dioxide management is where it's at these days

agreed, but that toothpaste is out of the tube. intersting both the 3000m are still from the 90s, must be getting close there. Similiar in swimming with those speedsuits that reset the bar somewhere higher. since this is a cycling website we could look at technology and the hour record and decide if innovation is worth pursuing.

Yes, innovation drives sales LOL.

500% stiffer than our last frame? It'll sell by the million.

I hear a local Vet/Master XCO rider was caught recently? Does anyone have details. Just the rumour mill but where there is smoke!

On 7/28/2023 at 10:10 AM, Scalpel said:

I hear a local Vet/Master XCO rider was caught recently? Does anyone have details. Just the rumour mill but where there is smoke!

Apparently the banned substance is in a recovery shake.

Edited by Red Bird

12 minutes ago, Red Bird said:

Apparently the banned substance is in the 32Gi recovery shake.

For all of them? Which substance?

Edited by Danger Dassie

Just now, Danger Dassie said:

For all of them? Come on.

Just for one of them. He claimed that he didn’t know it was in it.

9 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

@Red Bird What substance? There’s a whole bunch listed on the SAIDS link. 

Not sure. I find it hard to believe all those substances came from the shake too. But, these powders rarely get tested, and not all substances are listed on the label, so, even well-known brands end up with these banned substances.

1 hour ago, Red Bird said:

Not sure. I find it hard to believe all those substances came from the shake too. But, these powders rarely get tested, and not all substances are listed on the label, so, even well-known brands end up with these banned substances.

That is every single doping offender’s favourite line. “It was in my protein shake” “it was in my food”. Rubbish. 

If it was in 32GI’s shakes, there would be way more cases across all sports. Do you really think that a brand is going to put banned substances for athletes in an atheletes recovery shake and ruin their reputation? I highly doubt it. 

These offenders 99% know exactly what they are doing. 

7 minutes ago, BikeisLife said:

Do you really think that a brand is going to put banned substances for athletes in an atheletes recovery shake and ruin their reputation? I highly doubt it. 

Yes. I refuse to use anything made by USN for  this reason. 

1 hour ago, BikeisLife said:

That is every single doping offender’s favourite line. “It was in my protein shake” “it was in my food”. Rubbish. 

If it was in 32GI’s shakes, there would be way more cases across all sports. Do you really think that a brand is going to put banned substances for athletes in an atheletes recovery shake and ruin their reputation? I highly doubt it. 

These offenders 99% know exactly what they are doing. 

1 hour ago, PhilipV said:

Yes, USN even puts it on their website.

As from 1 January 2017 Oxilofrine (methylsynephrine), as contained in Advantra Z® and other Citrus Aurantium versions, is on the WADA prohibited substance list (sports banned substances). Please refrain from using products containing Advantra Z® if you are a professional athlete who gets tested by the Anti-doping Agency.

Supplements Can Present a Risk With Respect to Wada Regulated Athletes in Two Ways

1. As the list of prohibited substances changes on a yearly basis, some supplements may contain ingredients which were previously allowed but are now prohibited. In addition, some less scrupulous manufacturers may inadequately or incorrectly label product ingredients, making it difficult for the athlete to identify safe products, even if they are aware of the WADA list.

2. Contamination of a product: 

By the use of ingredients which contain trace amounts of WADA prohibited substances

In the manufacturing process where traces of other products (which contain WADA prohibited substances) are manufactured in the same facility and find their way into another product.

7 hours ago, PhilipV said:

Almost every supplement is at risk, particularly cheaper/smaller brands. Unless the product goes through an audited batch testing process such as informed sport. Which is a large cost to carry.

9 hours ago, Red Bird said:

Well then that’s a bold statement to make by naming an actual brand/product without the offering of any proof. There are also no hearing docs on any of the four case that I could see, so if contamination was a concern, why not exercise the right to a hearing. 
There is no way there is 3-4 steroid contaminations in a single supplement. The one case say RAD140, which is in lifestyle supplements. 

Sorry, but your posts are wildly open ended whilst throwing a brand under the bus. It’s almost as bad as CSA and Gauteng Cycling keeping quiet and just quietly editing documents over team announcements.

We have to find out from Instagram and BikeHub.