Dopers suck

fandacious

16 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Age groupers shouldn't get prize money, especially if you're employed in a high position at a well-known bank. But I get your point. 

I see what you did there 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

It seems athletes are just willing to take this risk. Or, like in some instances, they get forced to do it by senior people they trust. 

But like I heard on a podcast, why is it only the athlete that gets slammed? Why don't the administrators/coaches behind the scenes also get a lashing? Salazar is an example of a coach that got nailed, but in general? 

Nope, everyone gets it on this channel, especially the old dopers now involved with teams where athletes break doper records from years ago and are supposedly "clean".

36 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I see what you did there 

Went over my head 🙂 

54 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Age groupers shouldn't get prize money, especially if you're employed in a high position at a well-known bank. But I get your point. 

IMHO, for age groupers, the incentive to dope has more to do with narcissism than money, especially when prize money often just about pays for your entry costs. 'Successful' cycling age groupers often are semi retired, or are in careers where they can put in the 15 hours+ per week needed to be at the pointy end of races.

On 6/6/2024 at 11:39 AM, buckstopper said:

IMHO, for age groupers, the incentive to dope has more to do with narcissism than money, especially when prize money often just about pays for your entry costs. 'Successful' cycling age groupers often are semi retired, or are in careers where they can put in the 15 hours+ per week needed to be at the pointy end of races.

Only have to look at the number of masters and vets cyclists caught doping over the last few years to confirm this. 

20 minutes ago, peetwindhoek said:

It seems a bit short, would have thought there would be more…

There are more names missing. It was mentioned previously that some data was lost.

18 hours ago, Frosty said:

There are more names missing. It was mentioned previously that some data was lost.

Names missing?

6 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Names missing?

He was on the list for a pee-pee test at “our” race in February, but didn’t arrive for the start.