Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The clamps are a good price but the shipping price is law dropping stuff!

Its actually cheaper to ship directly from Amazon which is pretty unusual with stuff off Aliexpress.

I dropped past my local hw store - he has Torkcraft pipe clamps - R495

I guess anyone who stocks Torkcraft should be able to get - try strandhardware.co.za for online - they are in PE or bidorbuy.co.za - there is a seller there who sells lots of their stuff.

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/tradesearch/TradeSearch.jsp - just put pipe clamp in the search

Personally I like this one.... damn clever

I saw a short clip on the making of those, very interesting mechanisms and incredibly tight tolerances. 

I saw a short clip on the making of those, very interesting mechanisms and incredibly tight tolerances. 

And 50 000 USD..... :)

Is another good one - this one I like the look of more.

Personally I like this one.... damn clever

As much as I'd love to, I'm not even close to that level of fabricating. Unless one buys a hardware kit, sure I've seen one somewhere on the intertubes.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of a 7-8 foot diameter round table, with a removable lazy Susan centrepiece that hides a 'gaming' pit. Place where you can place your board, roll the dice etc. 8 foot might be a little large for it though, but I'd like to be able to seat 10 people around it. Thinking caps on!

Stunning Sniffie!! From the stickers I assume you sell them, what do they go for?

Thank you! I started making them as wedding, Christmas, and birthday gifts for family and special friends only. Soon started getting a lot of requests to sell some. I do sell them now, but on a limited scale. I am a farmer by profession, and if and when I get some time away from the farm activities and cycling I love to turn some grinders out on the lathe. Excuse the pun! Depending on the size, the type of wood, the difficulty of the design, whether it is a matching set or not, or a single mill I sell them from R450.00 for a single small ( about 180 mm tall) Kiaat mill to R1600.00 for a set of large (300 mm) Leadwood or American Walnut Edited by Sniffie