Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

My Little Easy.. cheated Woodworking Project for Dec

also Bonding time while on Holiday

Still Need to get 2 More But sofar

attachicon.gifIMG_20171128_140149.jpg

Where did you source that?

My son would enjoy a project like that - seems that at age 7 he is a believer in Dire Straights mantra.... "money for nothing and chicks for free...." :) keeps telling me he wants an electric guitar more than his acoustic one... looks like a good father and son project.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My son would enjoy a project like that - seems that at age 7 he is a believer in Dire Straights mantra.... "money for nothing and chicks for free...." :) keeps telling me he wants an electric guitar more than his acoustic one... looks like a good father and son project.

Im assuming its a Blackbeard kit, I know one of the guys in my office made one.

https://www.blackbeardsden.co.za/collections/diy-guitars/Guitar-Kits

They are nice because its mostly just a little shaping you do to get the build done and then finishing.

As Rocket-Boy Said from  Black beards Den

they are Mostly complete, finish, assemble, setup and play.

Im assuming its a Blackbeard kit, I know one of the guys in my office made one.

https://www.blackbeardsden.co.za/collections/diy-guitars/Guitar-Kits

They are nice because its mostly just a little shaping you do to get the build done and then finishing.

They are very Nice Kits have done 2 Before

post-12682-0-12415600-1511944480_thumb.jpg

Edited by The New Me

As Rocket-Boy Said from  Black beards Den

they are Mostly complete, finish, assemble, setup and play.

They are very Nice Kits have done 2 Before

attachicon.gifIMG_20171029_201542_237.jpg

very nice guitars those. Do they come with shaped heads now? as far as I recall you needed to do that yourself previously so that you could add your own touch to it.

very nice guitars those. Do they come with shaped heads now? as far as I recall you needed to do that yourself previously so that you could add your own touch to it.

Yes And No..

depends On the Kit.. some come with shaped heads.. but most don't,

Basically if its a Fender or Gibson Lawsuit head-stock you need to shape, otherwise they come shaped

Yes And No..

depends On the Kit.. some come with shaped heads.. but most don't,

Basically if its a Fender or Gibson Lawsuit head-stock you need to shape, otherwise they come shaped

haha I like the lawsuit bit!

That makes sense, no fault on the part of Black Beard if you shape it to a trademarked design just as long as they dont do it. Easy enough to create a router template and just use a flush trim bit to get it done though.

Been busy making some tools again.

I bought two EWT carbide cutters then used some 12mm square bar with a flat cut in and a 5mm hole tapped into it. Handles were from a board that I cut up and laminated then routed out a square channel in each piece before laminating and turning round. 

I made the handles different shapes depending on how heavy the work for them would be and to get the right tool at a glance when they are in the rack.

The triangular one is from a local manufacturer called Blackline tools, quality is good and pricing is not too bad.

post-4822-0-92556300-1512032575_thumb.jpg

post-4822-0-21305000-1512032588_thumb.jpg

While Im more of a fan of traditional lathe chisels they are very expensive for good quality stuff. For the carbide  including materials the square ones cost me around R350 each to make, the Blackline triangular one was around R450 all in.

I also picked up this little gem from Mr woodturner. LED light with magnetic base that works like an absolute dream. I have really bad eyesight so having good light on the stuff I work with helps a lot.

post-4822-0-33383200-1512032659_thumb.jpg

Wow some good quality work right there.

Really beautiful work. He's quite particular about his pickups etc too. His workshop is a real man cave... He's in an old house with ample space under the house

That makes me sooo Envious..wish i had the space and tools to do stuff like that.

been watching alot of Crimson Guitar videos of late.. 

and maybe i'll attempt something like that soon

Been watching his youtube channel for a while now, he is very good with hand tools.

My daughter makes coasters like these, but a warm cup tends to stick to the Decoupage glue, even months after it has been made.

Any recommendations to use as a top coat that will be able to handle the heat but not dissolve / damage the picture beneath? (Pardon the pun!)  

PS:  She searched for "Porsche" and this was the first picture that came up.   :D

post-50518-0-03677400-1512117658_thumb.jpg

My daughter makes coasters like these, but a warm cup tends to stick to the Decoupage glue, even months after it has been made.

Any recommendations to use as a top coat that will be able to handle the heat but not dissolve / damage the picture beneath? (Pardon the pun!)  

PS:  She searched for "Porsche" and this was the first picture that came up.   :D

My wife also makes and has the same issue.

Epoxy

Pratley make a product that is brilliant

(can't find it on their site - self levelling epocy)

Edited by porqui