The Iron Cowboy James Lawrence's next challenge... he's aiming to do 100 ironmans in 100 days, starting 1 March.

And here i am building up to start thinking of doing another 1.

Kinda puts it into perspective

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those athlete's withdrawing from EL 70.3 for example, - does this further open-up entries down-the-line as the event is currently (obviously) sold out.

Very interesting, Spez not paying enough?

Hard to believe isn't it. 

Considering how much work the Raelert bros do with Cube in design and R&D I imagine this'll be a very exciting time for Cube to get big work done (with one of the biggest stars), and for Lucy to get hectic customised bike attention. 

Hard to believe isn't it. 

Considering how much work the Raelert bros do with Cube in design and R&D I imagine this'll be a very exciting time for Cube to get big work done (with one of the biggest stars), and for Lucy to get hectic customised bike attention. 

Will have to see how she does when racing on it.  Will hopefully boost the Cube brand

Will have to see how she does when racing on it.  Will hopefully boost the Cube brand

Maybe she was too embarrassed to take another season of riding a bike with a giant boat-sail-storage-box flapping behind her  :P 

Very interesting, Spez not paying enough?

You might well be right - Emma Pallant left BMC and went to Spez and LCB left Spez.  From a marketing point you would think LCB would be the better option of the two currently, so can only think that Spez might be looking at their budgets a bit more carefully

You might well be right - Emma Pallant left BMC and went to Spez and LCB left Spez.  From a marketing point you would think LCB would be the better option of the two currently, so can only think that Spez might be looking at their budgets a bit more carefully

Seems LCB not the only one, article says "Lucy Charles-Barclay continues the athlete exodus away from Specialized..."

So maybe some truth in them looking at budgets

That's cause you did IM on a Cube :devil: . do you still have it or did you sell it?

Haha ja shame the old girl is still here, collecting dust 

Is Covid killing off triathlon?

So many TT bikes and wetsuits for sale in the last few days on Market place and classifieds.

My mates that were in the tri club with me are taking up mtb and trail running now as it's a mission to get near a pool at the moment.

So many TT bikes and wetsuits for sale in the last few days on Market place and classifieds.

My mates that were in the tri club with me are taking up mtb and trail running now as it's a mission to get near a pool at the moment.

My sister was prepping to do a full IM in Mar/Apr 2020 (Greece). Got postponed, only to be postponed again.

All her motivation is out the door.

Given the workload needed to even consider being ready at the start-line, you really need the carrot of an event date to put in the high workload. 

With these events not taking place in the medium term, she has hung up the TT bike for now until the future is more clear.

Hardly surprising to hear other triathletes are also looking at other outlets for all that pent-up fitness...

With events unlikely happen for a good part of this year (still hoping for mine in May & Sept), am sure many are selling and freeing up cash to do other things.

Once events do start happening, would probably then look to get new kit and upgrade.

Edited by shaper

It's very difficult as a Coach too.  Tough to try and motivate athletes to train when there isn't anything to train for.  Zwift has helped a hell of a lot, but even that is becoming a bit stale now.

Were even looking at doing a DC type of ride in the near future, just to give the IM athletes something to aim for.

Covid is killing off a lot of those mass participation sports. Its going to be years until (SA at least) will return to regular two/five/whatever thousand people running marathons/21s. 

I've also read a ton of bad press for ironman the organisation overseas. I haven't concerned myself with too much detail but I got the feeling they've handled cancellations etc very poorly and people are raging.

I feel so bad for the peeps who were going to do PE IM for example. Mad training for Mar last year - postponed, continued training for Nov - cancelled, continued training for Mar - cancelled. Thats no joke. Vetplants post and sentiment sounds very similar. 

I obv understand and agree with why its all happeninig but sometimes you just need to be selfish and say this is some boolsheet.