• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 months to Ironman PE and PE 70.3, hope every is starting to train if they haven't done so already. 

14 hours ago, ScottCM said:

5 months to Ironman PE and PE 70.3, hope every is starting to train if they haven't done so already. 

I seriously need to....

On 10/4/2022 at 8:02 AM, DJuice said:

Kona week!!!

Three Saffa’s in the mens pro field, must be closed to a record.

The two SA ladies withdrawn.

I am sure we have Magda Nieuwoudt still racing the womens race

4 minutes ago, JB07 said:

I am sure we have Magda Nieuwoudt still racing the womens race

Thanks, just looked at the start list and she is there!

1 hour ago, ScottCM said:

Which are you doing, 140.6 or 70.3?

The 70.3, would have been a LOT more worried if it was the full. Planning to do that in 2024 - the year I turn 50!

37 minutes ago, shaper said:

image.png.81e5804278aabcd379b47af73344f834.png

Thanks for this.

No longer involved in triathlon.

Interesting to see Raynard Tissink on the list, he should be competitive in his age group?

Aye shame Lucy Charles, always the bridesmaid never the bride. Looking forward to the mens. Hope Lionel can finally pull it off.

1 hour ago, ScottCM said:

Aye shame Lucy Charles, always the bridesmaid never the bride. Looking forward to the mens. Hope Lionel can finally pull it off.

Considering she had most of the year out with injury, think it was a great achievement and I see on insta she is very happy with the result.  Her time will come

On 10/3/2022 at 7:01 AM, gurns said:

How did your race go ? 

I had so much fun. Very slow swim, kept the tank full for the bike and the run. I had to be rerouted twice on my way to Aus. Swallowed lots of water but didnt get sick.

The bike route was flatter than the Freestate, it was fast. I smashed all my pb's. 

Run was warm and tough, I did better than I thought I would do. Got lots of cramps. Vibe was awesome. Came in at 6:15

I think I'm hooked!

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, DJuice said:

Kona and 70.3 double?

He is the reigning 70.3 champ but says he got a bit sick after Kona and is lacking his ultimate motivation. Let's see, maybe Kristian takes it and it ends up being a straight 2 way swap.

Lucy says she is race ready so here is hoping for her after the long injury break.