57 minutes ago, ScottCM said:

He is the reigning 70.3 champ but says he got a bit sick after Kona and is lacking his ultimate motivation. Let's see, maybe Kristian takes it and it ends up being a straight 2 way swap.

Lucy says she is race ready so here is hoping for her after the long injury break. 

Think Iden will take it from KB although KB is better at the shorter distance.  Cannot see anyone else over the Norwegian Train. Ditlev perhaps to be in the mix?

Tough to call between Lucy and Taylor Knibb, with Emma Pallant as the dark horse

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/28/2022 at 8:31 AM, shaper said:

Think Iden will take it from KB although KB is better at the shorter distance.  Cannot see anyone else over the Norwegian Train. Ditlev perhaps to be in the mix?

Tough to call between Lucy and Taylor Knibb, with Emma Pallant as the dark horse

Apart from Iden you should pick lotto numbers for me. I felt for Iden but I think it was just 1 race to far. Was great watching it .

7 hours ago, reteid said:

Apart from Iden you should pick lotto numbers for me. I felt for Iden but I think it was just 1 race to far. Was great watching it .

Ya I think with all the media and sponsorship demands after winning Kona for the first time am sure there was limited time to train let alone recover from the Kona effort that even he admitted was hard. Also felt for him and never like to see someone pull out. 

At least KB kept us entertained on the last 3 miles of the run!!  Didn't figure Kanute would be in the mix!! Great effort....

1 hour ago, Gr3mlin131 said:

Anyone else doing Mosselbay 70.3 this weekend? It seems like a tough cycle with all the climbing, but the time for prep is done. Nothing left but to just do it.

I will be there along with a few of my athletes. At least the weather is improving and will not be so windy.

On the bike leg the first part out of town and at the turn-around will be the worst of the hills, the rest is a gradual grind on the way out.  Will be a nice and fast return to T2.

Good luck and enjoy your race!!

1 hour ago, Gr3mlin131 said:

Anyone else doing Mosselbay 70.3 this weekend? It seems like a tough cycle with all the climbing, but the time for prep is done. Nothing left but to just do it.

Best of luck and enjoy it. 

22 minutes ago, shaper said:

I will be there along with a few of my athletes. At least the weather is improving and will not be so windy.

On the bike leg the first part out of town and at the turn-around will be the worst of the hills, the rest is a gradual grind on the way out.  Will be a nice and fast return to T2.

Good luck and enjoy your race!!

Best of luck to your athlete bud. 

Does anyone know what was on the bike course for PE this year? I see the Ironman site says Maurten and Gatorade are, but it doesn't say which one or which product range. 

It was supposed to be Maurten Gells and Gatorade Edurance drink, if the same as Mosselbay and Durban. 

16 hours ago, ScottCM said:

Does anyone know what was on the bike course for PE this year? I see the Ironman site says Maurten and Gatorade are, but it doesn't say which one or which product range. 

Wishing you all the best in Mosselbay 👍

Weather forecast seems good .... hoping it is actually as good on the ground 🙏

What does the water look like ?  A good swim ?

My friend has put a lot of training into her open water swimming .... certainly the leg that is her biggest challenge ... last few bad swim days have not helped her convidence ...

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for Saddle recommendations please. I've had Selle Heel, ISM ADAMO, Fizik Mistica, Prologo T-Gale saddles but they all make me numb down under within 10-30min depending on the saddle. Has anyone also battled with soft tissue numbness and then eventually found something that helped?

The saddle will be for a Canyon Speedmax 

Thanks in advance.

If you have had SIX saddles, and all make you numb in 10 - 30 minutes, and tri position is in any case a stressful' body position (on tri bars...) have you tried a bike fit expert before fitting a 7th saddle? Serious question.

Good luck

Chris