[PLEASE APPLY] Visibility On The Road

'Dale

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not visibility related...however safety related.

Been witnessing a lot of accidents lately...again today a person lost control of the bicycle and went off the road into the gutter and down...same injuries as most of the others...face...shoulder and knee.

In our club we have a card with all our details...next of kin...contact details and medical aid if we have it.

I would strongly advise you either get a card if the club offers one...or simply print and laminate one with all the details...especially a number or 2 to contact if you fall or get injured. 

Even if you ride with the same people everyday...but more important if you ride with different groups.

If you are like me and have a serious reaction to a bee sting...make sure you have an allergex pill or whatever it is you need to pop in case of emergency.

It is cold out there and if you fall there is a good chase you gona get the shakes...make sure you re prepared...some might say...more crap to carry...your choice...then make sure you dont fall. 

not visibility related...however safety related.

Been witnessing a lot of accidents lately...again today a person lost control of the bicycle and went off the road into the gutter and down...same injuries as most of the others...face...shoulder and knee.

In our club we have a card with all our details...next of kin...contact details and medical aid if we have it.

I would strongly advise you either get a card if the club offers one...or simply print and laminate one with all the details...especially a number or 2 to contact if you fall or get injured. 

Even if you ride with the same people everyday...but more important if you ride with different groups.

If you are like me and have a serious reaction to a bee sting...make sure you have an allergex pill or whatever it is you need to pop in case of emergency.

It is cold out there and if you fall there is a good chase you gona get the shakes...make sure you re prepared...some might say...more crap to carry...your choice...then make sure you dont fall. 

We have a full ICE card on the back of our club board.

Actually the Tyberberg MTB club board has space to write the basics on the back of the board.  We took it a step further to print and laminate all our ICE details, and attach it to the back of the club board.

Back to visibility ....

We were not going to brave the Cape winter weather, instead we took a nice long ride in the car .... Franschoek, Villiersdorp ....

Saw a great many cyclists out there, despite pretty dreadful weather .....

MOST had their reflective vests, and "some" lights on the bike ....

STRANGE to see a number of people riding together .... and 1 or 2 in the group would have either a front or a back light ..... if you understand enough of safety to have the one, why not the other ?  And is there not enough peer pressure to get these people to have at least 1 front and 1 tail light ?

but then again .... it was BAD out there, with lots of mist and LOTS of rain .... and 10 to 20% of cars did not switch on their lights !!!  :eek:   :wacko:

O-well, those reading here already KNOW better .... keep it up and stay safe out there !  :thumbup: 

Back to visibility ....

We were not going to brave the Cape winter weather, instead we took a nice long ride in the car .... Franschoek, Villiersdorp ....

Saw a great many cyclists out there, despite pretty dreadful weather .....

MOST had their reflective vests, and "some" lights on the bike ....

STRANGE to see a number of people riding together .... and 1 or 2 in the group would have either a front or a back light ..... if you understand enough of safety to have the one, why not the other ? And is there not enough peer pressure to get these people to have at least 1 front and 1 tail light ?

but then again .... it was BAD out there, with lots of mist and LOTS of rain .... and 10 to 20% of cars did not switch on their lights !!! :eek: :wacko:

O-well, those reading here already KNOW better .... keep it up and stay safe out there ! [emoji106]

Weight weenies [emoji88][emoji879]️[emoji317]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Bit of an advertising piece? But have to admit the Bontrager Flare R is an awesome light as is the Knogg Blinder.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

???? Charge and fit your lights before every ride, day or night

???? Wear hi viz clothing especially moving areas like socks

???? Pay attention to your surrounds especially when tired.

???? Rather treat a green light with caution and double check for traffic at the intersection

???? Hand signals rock

Be safe out there ????

Edited by 'Dale

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...