Whitters

We came 16th overall in the trail, so I would say we have a fair amount of skill, and there is no way I would do the umko descent in the rain.

:ph34r:

QlG5y.gif

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting at Jolivet. Farmer announced last night that even with rain we're heading down the Umko then due to more rain than expected changed the plan this morning. Wise decision. Rained all morning and it's still raining. Ave temperature was 8C.

Andrew Mclean‏ @AndrewMclean  1h1 hour ago
More
Disappointed 2 be going home early from @_sani2c but with a wonky collarbone I just can't risk a crash in the wet muddy conditions #nextyear

Andrew Mclean‏ @AndrewMclean  1h1 hour ago

More

Disappointed 2 be going home early from @_sani2c but with a wonky collarbone I just can't risk a crash in the wet muddy conditions #nextyear

If Andrew can't ride it one handed, most of us couldn't do it with both.

That little man has bigger MTB balls than most.

If Andrew can't ride it one handed, most of us couldn't do it with both.

That little man has bigger MTB balls than most.

You're forgetting the insane skill level of hubbers. Ranging from spruit to Jonkers, depending on location [emoji23][emoji23]

You're forgetting the insane skill level of hubbers. Ranging from spruit to Jonkers, depending on location [emoji23][emoji23]

You know, you are right.

Everybody that is moaning about riding Umko in the wet should widen their bars, shorten their stem, get flats and rule#5!

Pussies!

Sitting at Jolivet. Farmer announced last night that even with rain we're heading down the Umko then due to more rain than expected changed the plan this morning. Wise decision. Rained all morning and it's still raining. Ave temperature was 8C.

Ouch, that is chilly. Was properly warm there yesterday morning when we left... and the day before when we arrived.

We all were commenting how much warmer it was this year on Trail vs. 2016.

Hope you guys get to have a lekker day3, but really sucks to miss day2.

Good luck!

You know, you are right.

Everybody that is moaning about riding Umko in the wet should widen their bars, shorten their stem, get flats and rule#5!

Pussies!

Dropper post

Good luck with trying to ride the descent when it's wet.

That's ignoring the track just to get there which would probably be reason enough to cancel the day.

Just did day 3 in the rain and that's sketchy enough in places.

Dit was ***, hondkak vandag.

Riding day 3 today had me dropping chain probably about 20 times. Washed the drivetrain in some streams along the way.

But lekker event as always, ran into some old friends, met new peeps, met a hubber and his missus. Very fortunate to have had my ticket paid this year.

The only gripe I dad today was the amount of admin at the finish, the driving rain and wind made everything difficult, personally, I loved the finish at the school, and would do the tar climb many times over to have a bit more shelter from the elements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dit was ***, hondkak vandag.

Riding day 3 today had me dropping chain probably about 20 times. Washed the drivetrain in some streams along the way.

But lekker event as always, ran into some old friends, met new peeps, met a hubber and his missus. Very fortunate to have had my ticket paid this year.

The only gripe I dad today was the amount of admin at the finish, the driving rain and wind made everything difficult, personally, I loved the finish at the school, and would do the tar climb many times over to have a bit more shelter from the elements.

SRAM Eagle?

SRAM Eagle?

Shimano "mossie":

Kitted narrow wide

Shimano 10 speed chain

Shimano 10speed casette with different size chainrings, from small to big

Archived