Pure Savage

Hey guys,

So the part arrived to secure the intake hose, HOWEVER, the bolts that hold everything together are too short, in the TDI there is an EGR valve between the hose and the manifold.

Sooo, the question. Anyone know where I can get an M6 bolt that is 145 -150mm?

Thanks

Buy a die and some 6mm rod.

Co-op.

Builders warehouse.

Engineering shop.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

So the part arrived to secure the intake hose, HOWEVER, the bolts that hold everything together are too short, in the TDI there is an EGR valve between the hose and the manifold.

Sooo, the question. Anyone know where I can get an M6 bolt that is 145 -150mm?

Thanks

Bearing man, Boltfast? They're both companies I've used in the past for decent quality bolts.

Bearing man, Boltfast? They're both companies I've used in the past for decent quality bolts.

How do you order from them? Do they deal in small quantities?

Has anybody used Allan Edwards Motors in Claremont?

I need to get my car serviced. The place I have been using over the last few years has had some management changes and I have lost confidence in them. Allan Edwards is conveniently close to my office so they might be worth trying.

I am also wanting to use him, only heard good stuff about him. 

Place we currently use is getting expensive. 

How do you order from them? Do they deal in small quantities?You just

They sell to the public so you can just visit. And they do deal in singles if necessary. I've got some weird sizes from both of them in the past.

It's best to give them a call with your requirements unless you're nearby.

Or you could get some studs, cut to the correct length and bolt at each end with lock nuts.

They sell to the public so you can just visit. And they do deal in singles if necessary. I've got some weird sizes from both of them in the past.

It's best to give them a call with your requirements unless you're nearby.

Or you could get some studs, cut to the correct length and bolt at each end with lock nuts.

Thanks this sounds like a plan....  :thumbup:

Buy some 6mm threaded rod, around R15 per meter, cut to size and weld a nut to one end, done. An exhaust fitment place can do the weld if you don't have a welding machine, probably do it for free or R50.

Edited by Skylark

• 3 weeks later...

worth it to buy brand name brake pads ???( suzuki pads for suzuki , 1.3k just for front set ) or can I get better pads for the same price / just as good pads for cheaper at non-oem suppliers 

Edited by BaGearA

worth it to buy brand name brake pads ???( suzuki pads for suzuki , 1.3k just for front set ) or can I get better pads for the same price / just as good pads for cheaper at non-oem suppliers 

I have always used ATE and you can get them from most spares shops for most cars. Some oem pads are in fact ATE, just in a different box and higher price. I inquired about pads for my navara from nissan and they quoted me a crazy amount. I asked to see the pads and they ferodo. The same pads at a spares shop is a lot cheaper. But I still went with the ATE.

Hi

Anyone know where I can get the alarm and central locking sorted out on a 2006 Toyota Corolla?

Remote wont deactivate the alarm.

Thanks

ATE or Ferrodo are more than up to the task at a fraction of the price (most times cost wise)

Due to logistics (moved house and didn't have tools or space available) I had the brakes in my Frontier done recently and the mechanic used Safeline pads as I didn't bother to specify a brand. I asked about them and they said that they use them all the time and hadn't had any issues. Only problem so far is that you can smell them when they get hot but other than that they stop fine (I even locked up the other day. The sound of muds locking up on tar is glorious :D )

Hi

Anyone know where I can get the alarm and central locking sorted out on a 2006 Toyota Corolla?

Remote wont deactivate the alarm.

Thanks

Check the battery as a starting point and then try the spare remote (if you have it). If that doesn't fix the issue it may be cheaper and easier to replace with an aftermarket unit.

My Frontier original alarm did similar thing after I got it. Nothing worse than being stranded in a parking lot after paying for parking and not being able to open you car.... I spent far too much time trying to get the original to work. I ended up replacing with an Autowatch unit and haven't looked back. That was three years ago.