RIP Gugu Zulu :-(

Tumbleweed

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aah no man.  That really sucks :(

I've always enjoyed watching him racing cars, and rallys and following his cycling and other randomness on FB.

I feel really sad reading this  :(

Could not believe it when a colleague told me this morning.

RIP and condolences to family.

R.I.P Gugu.

Please take this as a warning as fitness and health is not a defence against altitude sickness. In fact, as you fly up the mountain, you don't acclimatise as well as the plodders.

I suffered pulmonary oedema on Kili. I was fit and was the only one in our group not to take Diamox as I had naive belief that it constituted "doping". I was very lucky that I got immediate and good medical advice and assistance down the mountain.

Gutted! I had the joy of riding in the same bunch with him in the 2014 Epic, and this year when I lost my partner early, joined up with him and Maurice. Got to have some fantastic conversations on why we were doing what we were doing. Amazing man! He will be missed....

Didn't know much about Gugu, but the little I've read and seen of him over the years has made me respect him and look up to him as a person.

RIP Gugu and condolences to the family.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk