[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

Meh. The name *Argus* is and almost always has been used as a stand-alone name that just happens to originate from some newspaper sponsor.

It even goes as far as some non cyclists using bastardised names, such as Augus (cringe), without a hint of irony.

Argus was a giant with 100 all seeing eyes in Greek mythology. The Argus is a giant funride with the best views on earth. Just saying. (The newspaper is now a malignant half blind midget.) ;)  :D  

Edited by DJR

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to see the orthopaedist today, he suspects I have a rip in my front meniscus (I can't strech my knee fully anymore). I have a scan next week to know more. He was mentioning a possible keyhole surgery. Whatever the outcome, I will refuse any treatment until after our holiday. Nothing will stop me from doing the CTCT Argus this year! 

Since I don't have any pain or don't feel any restrictions in movement, I assume I can risk to postpone any treatment until after our holiday. 

Went to see the orthopaedist today, he suspects I have a rip in my front meniscus (I can't strech my knee fully anymore). I have a scan next week to know more. He was mentioning a possible keyhole surgery. Whatever the outcome, I will refuse any treatment until after our holiday. Nothing will stop me from doing the CTCT Argus this year!

Since I don't have any pain or don't feel any restrictions in movement, I assume I can risk to postpone any treatment until after our holiday.

????????

All the best

Edited by 'Dale

They won't reseed based on recent races done after the cut-off, unlike last year.

Unfortunately, this means a rather late start for us.

I suggest you people invest in sunblock companies, I'll have to stock up on large quantities of SPF 50

I cant ride because I'm overseas so does anyone want my entry?  Happy to follow the official substitution process.

Start Group:        1F

Start Time:          06:37:00

Pay me whatever you feel it is worth to you

I cant ride because I'm overseas so does anyone want my entry? Happy to follow the official substitution process.

Start Group: 1F

Start Time: 06:37:00

Pay me whatever you feel it is worth to you

Whoever gets it, will be seeded according to their seeding, so tour start time is irrelevant.

As for payment, you're not allowed to ask for more than the original cost - R520 I believe.

I'm sure it'll go quickly, if you post it in the classifieds.

Only stop when your knee locks lol

Rank amateur. Take some Kenacort like the pros do.

Emails to ride a second lap are out.

Now, do I do it on a single bike second time round, the tandem again or just go to corporate hospitality?

Now, do I do it on a single bike second time round, the tandem again or just go to corporate hospitality?

Try all three :D

Emails to ride a second lap are out.

Got mine but not sure if I'll do it. Last year it was awesome but it is rather pricey. 

Got mine but not sure if I'll do it. Last year it was awesome but it is rather pricey. 

Money not real the issue, its the wifey that have to wait another 4-5hrs with nothing todo.

(I don't drive a car when i'm tired)