Hi Guys

Looking into Zwift to make indoor training a little more exciting.

Does anyone have any reviews or feedback on it? Is it worth it? The monthly cost isn't expensive at all.

Thanks

Sorry some feedback, I did a 4 hour ride just to win a Jersey. When last did you ride 4 hours on a trainer.

Also there are daily races which are flippen awesome. Full on bunch dynamics, 100+ racers the rest of the rides are awesome to with drafting etc.

Got a mate in Kenya who has done his last 8 months of training on a kickr with Zwift, because he cant get out and he hasnt gone crazy yet.

I don't find Zwift interesting at all. Tried it for a while but prefer using Trainer Road with a few sufferfest videos.

They give you a free trial, so try it out then make a call.

Sorry some feedback, I did a 4 hour ride just to win a Jersey. When last did you ride 4 hours on a trainer.

Also there are daily races which are flippen awesome. Full on bunch dynamics, 100+ racers the rest of the rides are awesome to with drafting etc.

Got a mate in Kenya who has done his last 8 months of training on a kickr with Zwift, because he cant get out and he hasnt gone crazy yet.

I'm the mate in Kenya. To be fair I've always been a bit crazy.

But if there was ever an advert to get someone to train on an IDT, its me. Longest I'd spent on an IDT before was 45 mins. In just under a year I've done nearly 4000 virtual kilometers and climbed over 57km. Last weekend I did 3 rides each between 2 and 2.5 hours.

Races are awesome, one of my 60min light rides turned into a 90 min race with a sprint finish.... I'd say that's even more fun than riding around the burbs for an hour.

When I'm back in SA I'll definitely continue using Zwift for weekly training rides. Safer than riding on the road at dusk, and way less wear on components, though admittedly not as fun as being outside and riding with mates.

I have been using zwift for about 3 months now. I only do my weekend rides on zwift and maybe a race here and there. The races are hard, its like a sprint off the line and if you can hang on for a km or 2 you are in a lekke4 fast group.

I dont like riding in the cold, rain or night so it works for me. My wife is writing her last 2 exams for her degree so I can start training at 4:00 am in the mornings without worry about the condition.

I will prefer outside riding if the weather is nice but zwift is 2nd best and worth it.

So this basically is the opposite of pokemon.

Gets you riding your bike inside, while there is a perfectly good outside waiting....

*before anyone gets their bibs in a knot... It's friday, after beer o'clock, and I am PUI**

** Posting Under Influence

Edited by RocknRolla

I didn't know you get fit doing the pokemon thing?

Sunny, warm outside always number 1 but zwift is a good 2nd

How does it compare with the Cycleops virtual training software ? Seems to be quite similar

Not the same as Cycleops. You need to experience Zwift to understand. TV games not my forty so I personally don't enjoy Zwift and prefer Cycleops

I bought a Wahoo Kickr snap so that gave me 4 weeks free Zwift. But I used the 2 weeks free trial first. Thereafter $10 per month – good value.

Not being a computer nerd, I battle a bit with the techno, but getting there. Few annoying issues, but most of it works quite real, especially the standard routes, once you get used to the road signs. Would be nice though if they could provide a route plan like on Google Earth, so you can see how far to go and what will happen when you take turn-offs. 

Would be nice though if they could provide a route plan like on Google Earth, so you can see how far to go and what will happen when you take turn-offs. 

Agreed, but in the mean time print out the PDF

http://zwiftblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/watopia-1.02.png

I enjoy Zwift. When not able to ride outside because of working hours I can at least get a traing session in between 19h00-22h00.

that way I get to train at between 1 1/2 hours and 3 hours a day where I would not have trained at all.

outside on my mountain bike is still the best though

Firstly You will need a prety good internet connection. Ant+ sensors to talk to a ANT+ dongle so that what you do on your bike gets translated to the "game" iff you really want to get into it and feel "connected" you will need a trainer with FE-C. so that when you go onto a hill on the game your trainer simulates it. Its diffcunt riding at 20kmh and hitting a hill and your cracter suddenly goes to a crawling because of perceived effort and then having to ride harder than 20kmh to make your caracter ride the hill at lets say 7kmh. so having a smart trainer with FE-C will be a big bonus to make yor offort on the trainer DIRECTLY transate to what you see in the game.

KICKR SNAP for the win In my OPINION.

I started out with a powertap and a JetFluid Pro trainer

I've got he bluetooth cycleops powerbeam pro, is there any way I can connect it with Zwift? Seems it only works via ANT +?