SARS & eFiling - What gives?!

Johan A Marais

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what the upgrade is, hardware or software?

PR rubbish.

They have to unplug the servers so that the cleaning lady can use the plug to vacuum.

• 6 months later...

Time to warm up this old thread.

So I am curious ..... by when is a company is legally obliged to issue an employee with his/her IRP 5 forms in order for that employee to be able to submit his/her tax returns with SARS?

Last year I had to wait beyond the period when the SARS personal tax season opened due to the forms not being completed, and this year is the same again.

What irks me is that because we had to fill in the info manually on the IRP vs the company filling in their required info, we ended up being audited ... and this = just another delay before your tax is sorted out.

In conversation with a certain person who is responsible for getting this information out, it was said that "there is no set deadline" for them to submit the IRP5 info, as long as it is within the tax submission period.

I recon this is a bit of a tall story, and I can not find any real information on the SARS website.

Time to warm up this old thread.

So I am curious ..... by when is a company is legally obliged to issue an employee with his/her IRP 5 forms in order for that employee to be able to submit his/her tax returns with SARS?

Last year I had to wait beyond the period when the SARS personal tax season opened due to the forms not being completed, and this year is the same again.

What irks me is that because we had to fill in the info manually on the IRP vs the company filling in their required info, we ended up being audited ... and this = just another delay before your tax is sorted out.

In conversation with a certain person who is responsible for getting this information out, it was said that "there is no set deadline" for them to submit the IRP5 info, as long as it is within the tax submission period.

I recon this is a bit of a tall story, and I can not find any real information on the SARS website.

A company needs to submit their employee return by 31 April each year. The IRP5's should be available any time after that, because if the EMP201 and EMP501 that the company submits monthly and 6 monthly, respectively, don't tie up with the final submission, it wouldn't be successful.

There really is no reason to sit on employee IRP5's, unless there are differences between the monthly EMP201's and the final IRP5 submission..........

A company needs to submit their employee return by 31 April each year. The IRP5's should be available any time after that, because if the EMP201 and EMP501 that the company submits monthly and 6 monthly, respectively, don't tie up with the final submission, it wouldn't be successful.

There really is no reason to sit on employee IRP5's, unless there are differences between the monthly EMP201's and the final IRP5 submission..........

Thanks Flippa ... so word on the street is that "our accountants" are auditing the books at the moment.

What / how does it effect me if this has not been done yet, other than having to now wait and more than likely have to be audited myself again :(

What / how does it effect me if this has not been done yet, other than having to now wait and more than likely have to be audited myself again :(

you wait,

Company pays a fine for late submission

return completed and assessment issued.

browsing websites filling shopping carts while waiting for tax refund to be made.

Edit: efiling does not work on chrome due to chrome not supporting add ons anymore, I had to resort to using IE (and I feel very violated and ashamed for having to do so)

Edited by #varkhart

return completed and assessment issued.

browsing websites filling shopping carts while waiting for tax refund to be made.

Edit: efiling does not work on chrome due to chrome not supporting add ons anymore, I had to resort to using IE (and I feel very violated and ashamed for having to do so)

Firefox

you wait,

Company pays a fine for late submission

Actually, not good at all!

So if the company made a "oppsie" I must now wait to get "my" money back from SARS.....don't these people know bike stuff comes and goes fast on the Classified section :P

Firefox

Firefox did not want to work for me ... on IE did the trick when trying to view

Edited by Hairy

My personal tax (I am not a Rockerfella, more like the Otherfella) used to be done by a friend who was a tax accountant or something along those lines. Never got audited and always got money back. Then SARS declared that only registered practitioners may submit so he handed my file over to some other guy. I got nothing back. I decided to do E-filing and from the first submission, I have been audited every year. No allowances or any other fringe benefits. I claim for RA's and medical expenses.

Now I prepare all the documents beforehand and scan them. As soon as I receive my Audit notification, SARS have my stuff within 15 minutes  :thumbup:

My personal tax (I am not a Rockerfella, more like the Otherfella) used to be done by a friend who was a tax accountant or something along those lines. Never got audited and always got money back. Then SARS declared that only registered practitioners may submit so he handed my file over to some other guy. I got nothing back. I decided to do E-filing and from the first submission, I have been audited every year. No allowances or any other fringe benefits. I claim for RA's and medical expenses.

Now I prepare all the documents beforehand and scan them. As soon as I receive my Audit notification, SARS have my stuff within 15 minutes  :thumbup:

Mrs Hairy is good with all that stuffss .... I got work and ride my bike, she fortunately takes care of the admin :)

I did it on chrome. Just need to force enable flash.

anyone else experiencing delays with refunds as well? Normally its like the next day in my account.

Last year I received my refund within 24h. Will wait and see this time around.