[Event] The Bestmed Satellite Classic

Events Bot

Rode AL and was pretty disappointed in getting caught off guard and missing the break at 30km's. From there the next almost 50km sat in front trying to chase back. Expected a bit more help from the second group guys but no luck. Finally paid the price for my hard work at hekpoort where i suffered all the way up.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode AL and was pretty disappointed in getting caught off guard and missing the break at 30km's. From there the next almost 50km sat in front trying to chase back. Expected a bit more help from the second group guys but no luck. Finally paid the price for my hard work at hekpoort where i suffered all the way up.

That's why a break will almost always stay away in AL, too many pussies, too few people to help drag it back.

Well done for trying. ????????

Was a tough day out. A month of holiday leading up to the race certainly did not help. Rode a 3:50 from BL, just couldn't stay with any of the groups on the hills.

I'm actually embarrassed to see what my FTP might have come down to :(

Was in BL and got dropped around 15km, luckily I hanged on to a passing group that pulled me back into the main bunch. Again at 48km I was dropped then 3 guys came passed, I hang on their wheel as they were alternating to pull from the front to take us back to the group. I would have loved to help in the front also but I just did not have the legs. So what do u do when you are in such a situation, do you just let them go because you cant help pull or you suck the wheel until you are back in the group? I chose the latter and I know many hubbers don't approve. But at least I had the courtesy to thank them for their efforts. At times you don't suck the wheel by choice but its because you are finished. Well there was nobody to help at Hekpoort I just saw them riding away.

Was in BL and got dropped around 15km, luckily I hanged on to a passing group that pulled me back into the main bunch. Again at 48km I was dropped then 3 guys came passed, I hang on their wheel as they were alternating to pull from the front to take us back to the group. I would have loved to help in the front also but I just did not have the legs. So what do u do when you are in such a situation, do you just let them go because you cant help pull or you suck the wheel until you are back in the group? I chose the latter and I know many hubbers don't approve. But at least I had the courtesy to thank them for their efforts. At times you don't suck the wheel by choice but its because you are finished. Well there was nobody to help at Hekpoort I just saw them riding away.

Not al all. There's a big difference between being on the rivet just to hang on, and thereby missing your turn at the front, and keeping your powder dry by sitting at the back to sprint away for position #1523.

Kudos for thanking the okes.

Did not think it was that windy to push the beta to 1.3, even with hekpoort hill right at the end !

Not complaining as did good for my seeding :)

• 11 months later...

Very silent here  :whistling: 

I'm preparing my excuses for why I got dropped by the group x km into the race  :P

So pretty good day out, but I have to wonder; where the heck was everybody? I know there were some thunderstorms last night which may have scared

some people off, but this morning was clear. Apart from the strong headwind in some places it was actually a nice, cool day for a ride.

I see on racetec only 717 people finished, down from 1068 last year!

So pretty good day out, but I have to wonder; where the heck was everybody? I know there were some thunderstorms last night which may have scared

some people off, but this morning was clear. Apart from the strong headwind in some places it was actually a nice, cool day for a ride.

Not surprised with the drop in numbers, people are irritated with the Value vs Cost proposition from ASG EVENTS.

Cyclists are taking their ever decreasing disposable income elsewhere.

Not surprised with the drop in numbers, people are irritated with the Value vs Cost proposition from ASG EVENTS.

Cyclists are taking their ever decreasing disposable income elsewhere.

I entered but did not race due to some break in event at our home Thursday morning 02:00. That said, I am struggling to find value in that entry fee... How was the organization and traffic management during the event this year?