Refund for wheels

King of the downhill

how do we know you didn't take those green thumbs-up stickers off another higher rating and put over negative ratings....and that one rating looks like it has a stress fracture :)

(just kidding BTW)

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not actually a Propel? What? Is it a Spesh with Giant stickers on it? That would be serious fraud.. 

it was a made on Koeberg road special with imported chinese stickers.

Btw King of the Downhill, how much do you weigh?

Im testing a theory on the stretch marks on the wheels.. ????

hi guys......I think we have said more than enough and I do sincerely hope that all of us have learnt a very valuable lesson here, myself included (the seller)......thanks for all the support and even to those that agreed/sided with the buyer.....Your input too is greatly appreciated......My humble and sincerest apologies go out to the buyer for the way he feels (not for selling him faulty wheels 'coz I did not).......Lets move on.......and to the buyer.....If there is any other way in which I can assist you ...PLEASE....you have my number...... I'm not here to make enemies!!!!!

Happy riding guys........I need to go and practice for my next race....OVER N OUT.......

Btw King of the Downhill, how much do you weigh?

Im testing a theory on the stretch marks on the wheels..

rof! :devil:

Seller ; you posted a photo that was not of the actual item for sale and you didn't specifically state this in the ad. Notwithstanding subsequent opportunity given to the buyer to inspect items, this action left room for the buyer to form an expectation at odds with the goods presented to him. The unused appearance of one of the "used" rims was not adequately explained and leaves further room for doubt to creep into the buyer's mind. Not cool and if the buyer downrates you for this poor communication, then you deserve it in this particular instance.

Buyer : The responsibility rests with you (in law) to verify that goods you plan to purchase will meet your expectations and you were given opportunity to do so before paying for the items. When you waited 6 months to query the items and request a refund you also failed the "reasonable man" test. Waiting was unfair to the seller and also creates room for the seller to doubt whether the items are still in the same condition as when he sold them to you. As a bare minimum these used items have depreciated in value over 6 months even if they were unused and carefully stored. As far as can be ascertained in this thread, the wheels are useable and could be sold on to offset your loss if you don't wish to keep them.

I think each of you should drink your nasty tasting medicine, learn from the experience and move on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Seller ; you posted a photo that was not of the actual item for sale and you didn't specifically state this in the ad. Notwithstanding subsequent opportunity given to the buyer to inspect items, this action left room for the buyer to form an expectation at odds with the goods presented to him. The unused appearance of one of the "used" rims was not adequately explained and leaves further room for doubt to creep into the buyer's mind. Not cool and if the buyer downrates you for this poor communication, then you deserve it in this particular instance.

Buyer : The responsibility rests with you (in law) to verify that goods you plan to purchase will meet your expectations and you were given opportunity to do so before paying for the items. When you waited 6 months to query the items and request a refund you also failed the "reasonable man" test. Waiting was unfair to the seller and also creates room for the seller to doubt whether the items are still in the same condition as when he sold them to you. As a bare minimum these used items have depreciated in value over 6 months even if they were unused and carefully stored. As far as can be ascertained in this thread, the wheels are useable and could be sold on to offset your loss if you don't wish to keep them.

I think each of you should drink your nasty tasting medicine, learn from the experience and move on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I (seller) agree.....I made a mistake...I humbly & sincerely apologize for my mistake......I was completely unintended ........ I have now learnt a valuable lesson.....

Reading all of this .... yip ALL of it I am now wondering..........

What measures will you advise if you want to buy a carbon frame over long distance i.e. another province?

Exactly what I said yesterday.

Aaaaaanyway, on to the next fight.

OP just put another set of wheels up for sale. Oh boy dis gon be gud!

And he claims the wheels literally float. . . . So if they don't can I bring them back in a year and demand my money back?

Archived