Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

Am I being stupid, how the hell do you get this DD application to go to stage 1,

Trying to enter fav riders, all it's doing is letting me type the names, but then nothing, enter does not do anything either.

so far, life streaming is a 0...

G

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw pic of Nino headed to start line. How wicked is the negative angle on his stem. Not for the average Joe descending on that thing. And he makes it look so smooth #worldclass

Just saw pic of Nino headed to start line. How wicked is the negative angle on his stem. Not for the average Joe descending on that thing. And he makes it look so smooth #worldclass

Average Joe or average Joel ... oeps. Sorry. As you were.

On a serious note. Wishing Joel a full and speedy recovery. No lack of technical skills there - he and his Epic partner came second at W2W Adventure in 2014.

What an awesome week lies ahead for us armchair professionals in all the categories.

Not sure why all the other locals are so hacked off at Myles about the section where Joel fell? The downhill maniac who took me for some skills classes said that the way that section is built, it is very tricky as soon as you pick up speed and there is an upper limit of speed that you can ride it at even as a very technically proficient rider. Slightly over that and you can have a horrid tumble. (Even on the daily profile it was highlighted as the 'technical section', whereas even I can roll down there easily. Just a speed/dust issue, I reckon)

Has anyone gotten the life tracking app working...

They just showing a banner at the moment saying we don't know what we doing, sorry to embarrass ourselves.

G

Has anyone gotten the life tracking app working...

They just showing a banner at the moment saying we don't know what we doing, sorry to embarrass ourselves.

G

Live streaming only from 09h00.

Live tracking seems to be working.

Spent whole of yesterday morning ogling the bikes and talent on display at the prologue.

Was amazed to see a Lady get off and push her bike up the first real incline of the race (the section next to the vineyards before going onto the ST section leading to the Dorstberg climb)

She did not just dismount and then started riding again, she was in full "push your bike up a heavy incline mode". They are in for either a very long Epic, or a very short one.

On our way out of Meerendal, I could not believe my eyes when no other than Cuddles and Big G pedaled up next to us. We had a quick chat, a handshake and a "enjoy your time" before going our separate ways.

I now have to buy new gloves, as this pair has got Cuddles' sweat on them, and are never going to be washed or worn again.....  :whistling:

Jeez its easier riding Epic than following it. Live tracking is not working properly (as usual), App not working and no intermediate time checks. 

Monster stage today

101 kms

2300 up up

It'll be hot ????????????

Wake up legs

Live streaming only from 09h00.

Live tracking seems to be working.

Now the site is saying its from 09h15. They delaying it like the argus expo opening was delayed.

Now the site is saying its from 09h15. They delaying it like the argus expo opening was delayed.

The site really is pathetic. Every year the same issues

Live updates on the website has been working brilliantly this morning. 

https://www.cape-epic.com/ go to "live update" tab. As info coming in it is being fed to the site and has been working well all morning.

Live tracking has been working for me as well, a few riders do seem to have their trackers turned off though.

Live streaming is now up as well.

Just had a chat with a guy who said that Joel indeed went off the drop off at speed instead of rolling it, landed on his front wheel and then ploughed into the ground. From 3m,that will do it.

Archived