Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

Is it just me or does she take her hands off the handlebars just before she eats s@#t?

Yes

It seems as if she's feeding and had little control of them 'bars

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our resident hubber Velouria of the Oafish-taxi-drivers came in with a stage 1 time of 6:43

845ea7c514202b5b53f78b9b13bc7ce7.png

Yes

It seems as if she's feeding and had little control of them 'bars

Ja.. Maybe hit a rock..bad timing hey just as she was feeding..

Jis but she is made of special stuff.

9 minutes the gap, reckon they can close it... still a long way to go. But yip, seriously classy pair that too. Jenny's recovery from heart surgery is pretty miraculous too.

Pity Ariane is so far off the pace, looking like a two horse race already - but early days I guess, I should know better than to make calls so early...

Ja hey anything can happen..a bad fall tricky mechanical can see you lose time very fast.

This epic may look like it is in the bag for Sauser and Kulhavy but it's only finished once they finish that last stage

Something wrong with ACE website?

Can't find live tracking from about two hours ago and the overall results stopped at GC425?

Updated now to team 569, thus still almost 100 teams "missing". Team 569's time was 9:32:36 so just outside cut-off?

Updated now to team 569, thus still almost 100 teams "missing". Team 569's time was 9:32:36 so just outside cut-off?

Did they not extend the cut off because of the conditions?

One would think they would've

Did they not extend the cut off because of the conditions?

One would think they would've

Why?

What's the use of cut offs if you don't cut off?

Just asking, because my heart is bleeding for those guys at the back!

And tomorrow will be a little longer and with more climbing  :eek:

Why?

What's the use of cut offs if you don't cut off?

Just asking, because my heart is bleeding for those guys at the back!

And tomorrow will be a little longer and with more climbing :eek:

Sometimes when they weather is roff they extend the cut off by a bit.. hope they are doing it today

Sometimes when they weather is roff they extend the cut off by a bit.. hope they are doing it today

Cool would be awesome for them if that happens. Although I think tomorrow will be worse!

Maybe more riders should invest in full face helmets looking at the amount of facial injuried.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ja.. Maybe hit a rock..bad timing hey just as she was feeding..

Jis but she is made of special stuff.

Definitely hit a bump on a slight descent into the dip there

Glad she's oraait

It was an eina thud on her back ????

Definitely hit a bump on a slight descent into the dip there

Glad she's oraait

It was an eina thud on her back ????

She's going to feel it tomorrow..hope she will be okay to race.

Myles, I am sure you just forgot to use the font... or were you seriously giving Christoph Sauser pointers on his tyre selection for the Cape Epic??? :eek: :w00t:

A guy who does more mileage on these very trails in a week than you do in a year, at way higher speeds etc. Yes, they got a puncture, but wholly balls pal, he's probably put more thought into tyre selection for this event than most people put into choosing their wife. We did an article on him a few years back, he tested tyres for weeks over various tracks, checking time splits, durability etc - he's not just an animal on the bike, he's an OCD one off it too. He knows exactly what the tyres can handle, what their strengths are, their weaknesses, and he's weighed them all up and made a very informed choice.

We should just look on with respect and enjoy, these guys are not from this planet :thumbup:

Hehe

We the mighty we.... should just go back to watching the professionals and world champions and other serious epic repeat offenders do what they do.....

In other words enjoy the show and stop pretending

Archived