The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

Knowing him, he's saying 'fracture' but the foot is probably off and being carried in a bag. :P

LOL, I saw the pic of him in the back of the ambulance and at least the foot looked like it was still connected.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This race is amazing. I get hit by this deep sense of disappointment at the news that someone I don't know had to pull out. Excitement when I see the guy I am rooting for is still at the front end of the pack this morning, again, a name I didn't know before yesterday. Gotta love it.

LOL, I saw the pic of him in the back of the ambulance and at least the foot looked like it was still connected.

Not sure if i should cry or just give him a pklap for falling when i go pick him up at Vanderkloof dam! I know it sounds cruel, but I'm being honest about my feelings. Maybe also because I'm tired with not enough sleep and all the excitement around. And yes, you cannot prevent falls and i actually mentioned yesterday how difficult it is out there and being aware of riding the right lines because of all the corrugation and sand, so it was no joke, not to mention rocks/marbles. It's hard out there folk. All the planning, sacrifices and training in it's moer. That's for both of us! At the end of the day at least he is safe and we all can get back to our families, but it's a huge downer if something like this happens.

Not sure if i should cry or just give him a pklap for falling when i go pick him up at Vanderkloof dam! I know it sounds cruel, but I'm being honest about my feelings. Maybe also because I'm tired with not enough sleep and all the excitement around. And yes, you cannot prevent falls and i actually mentioned yesterday how difficult it is out there and being aware of riding the right lines because of all the corrugation and sand, so it was no joke, not to mention rocks/marbles. It's hard out there folk. All the planning, sacrifices and training in it's moer. That's for both of us! At the end of the day at least he is safe and we all can get back to our families, but it's a huge downer if something like this happens.

Are you going back home or are you still going to film the race?

I see the 2 peeps I am rooting for seem to have very different race plans. going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

I see the 2 peeps I am rooting for seem to have very different race plans. going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

True hey. Amazing how the situation changes constantly. A 2 hour lead wiped out by somebody catching some shut eye. So many factors to take into consideration.

Just received news Anton fell 30 kms into the race and fractured bones in his foot, can't pedal anymore and is on his way to Vanderkloof dam in the ambulance. Picking him up in the morning.

At Berg&Bush he spoke with such enthusiasm about his attempt at giving it a full go. He must be gutted after all the work he put in.

Please send him my best wishes.

One thing is for sure is that it must be proper broken cause he's a hard man and wouldn't pull out for something us lesser folk might find painful .... gutted for him :(

Archived