The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

quite an interesting little twist here with RV5 having an out and back loop.

Do JD and HV know that MW has been eating up the gap all night (surely they do)?

What happens when they meet, will HV go for a quick charge to try break the elastic?

in my mind, JD and HV will be on their own plans from here on - and this might just favour jeannie

Is it just me misinterpreting the dots and last update times or has HV pulled slightly ahead?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i think he's still with jeannie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think HV knows MW is catching up, so is pushing harder, and pulling away from JD.  JD won't mind, as there is not an overall winner's prize, so she will still easily get the women's winners prize.

Geez almost there

Today I send some extra bit of courage to the backmarkers

Today things will hurt ⚠️

HV is approaching the check in point and JD not far behind.. HW just a little further back... the dash for the line will be interesting.

Must mess with your head to do that little loop to the checkpoint 5. Like a climb pointing away from the finish of a race when you can hear the music at the finish line

My thoughts on the front of the race.

Each rider will know exactly where the other is and their progress.

They will all be absolutely knackered - last year I think I could have run up Bainskloof faster than John Ntuli rode, its now about just getting home.

The dirt roads are done, its now all tar to the end, looking at HV,s bike, he must have a slight advantage over an mtb.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is some sort of truce between the front two, MW could upset that though.

Amazing effort and once again well done to Alex for persevering with the sponsor issues to again put on a superb event. I think its set to grow.

Archived