Anti-doping rule violation for top track cyclist: In-competition Test

News bot

Oh god . I can't handle the don't judge rubbish . If she did it knowing , she is a dwiss , if she didn't read a label , as a professional , before a race , then she is a dwiss also . Case closed , lets find the next doper , oh look there's another ....and another , aaaand another .

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god . I can't handle the don't judge rubbish . If she did it knowing , she is a dwiss , if she didn't read a label , as a professional , before a race , then she is a dwiss also . Case closed , lets find the next doper , oh look there's another ....and another , aaaand another .

Aaaaand it's none of their faults.

What a crap system we have where every single person that has been caught has in fact been innocent!!

"...Cycling South Africa reports that has been found guilty..."

huh?

....I thought I was going mad too

Think before you guys judge her read what she has to say about it.

She went to to pharmacy for Sinustat, they did not have stock. The pharmacist gave her Actifed and said it's almost the same thing.

now I know about the online check, it does seem a rather silly error on the athlete's part - SAIDS have really gone out of their way to make it easy to verify. - sinustat green, actifed orange

BUT

There's sort of precedent (if not totally similar), but Darryl Impey got off due to a careless pharmacist.

I'm sorry but there is no excuse for taking a banned substance even if available in every day meds or over the country. The SAIDS app is so easy to use. At the chemist you can use your smart phone, type in the commercial name and it will tell you if banned or not.

Should be every athletes responsibility.

I race vets competitively and before I buy any meds I check on the app. Just in case.

So no excuse for elite athletes.......other than stupidity.

In Darryl's case he spent a lot of money doing an investigation and could prove that the pharmacist had handled the banned substance on that equipment prior to filling his capsules. Hence the contamination. Via invoices, scripts and video. Otherwise he would have been banned. Same as others who have been able to prove that a supplement was contaminated.

If you can't prove any of that, then you are guilty.

now I know about the online check, it does seem a rather silly error on the athlete's part - SAIDS have really gone out of their way to make it easy to verify. - sinustat green, actifed orange

BUT

There's sort of precedent (if not totally similar), but Darryl Impey got off due to a careless pharmacist.

Intent or negligence is very different to proven innocence or unintentional through contamination. Which still ends to be proved.

"...Cycling South Africa reports that has been found guilty..."

huh?

....I thought I was going mad too

I don't get it or has the article been edited yet again?

I'm sorry but there is no excuse for taking a banned substance even if available in every day meds or over the country. The SAIDS app is so easy to use. At the chemist you can use your smart phone, type in the commercial name and it will tell you if banned or not.

Should be every athletes responsibility.

I race vets competitively and before I buy any meds I check on the app. Just in case.

So no excuse for elite athletes.......other than stupidity.

In Darryl's case he spent a lot of money doing an investigation and could prove that the pharmacist had handled the banned substance on that equipment prior to filling his capsules. Hence the contamination. Via invoices, scripts and video. Otherwise he would have been banned. Same as others who have been able to prove that a supplement was contaminated.

If you can't prove any of that, then you are guilty.

I still don't buy into that story. It's the same as Contador's "steak" BS story

I still don't buy into that story. It's the same as Contador's "steak" BS story

I still wonder why the pharmacist wasnt charged with gross negligence. If he contaminates meds and causes a life threatening allergy is professional negligence.

snip*

In Darryl's case he spent a lot of money doing an investigation and could prove that the convincing a pharmacist to say that he had handled the banned substance on that equipment prior to filling his capsules. Hence the contamination.

snip*

Could this be a plausible alternate ending?

Here is a shocker, Beroca Boost is also illegal.

Wonder how many people knew that

as someone who sometimes uses Beroca Boost i was a bit worried by your comment that it is illegal. So I went onto SAIDS website to check but couldn't find it. Could it be that it was banned before but no longer? Who is your source? Thanks

fac4305377ccd4eb4b994c90cdb4ae4e.pngfac4305377ccd4eb4b994c90cdb4ae4e.png

as someone who sometimes uses Beroca Boost i was a bit worried by your comment that it is illegal. So I went onto SAIDS website to check but couldn't find it. Could it be that it was banned before but no longer? Who is your source? Thanks

fac4305377ccd4eb4b994c90cdb4ae4e.pngfac4305377ccd4eb4b994c90cdb4ae4e.png

I would also like to know more. And not just a friend told me. I want to see where it's written.

This example kind of shows how difficult it is to search for things.

See in the pictures two interesting points. In the first one they talk about searches, but nothing after. The second one is more interesting, because it seems it was banned in 2008 at least, because of the possibility of unlisted ingredients. Which begs the question, how can athletes search for unlisted ingredients?!

543ebae51922d0f2209b07d445e2bb44.jpga4a342a54a57bf87785a8a4760632d44.jpg

Edited by andydude

Hubber before you just "throw a  fellow cyclist under the bus" for a doping offense of this nature - as some hubber are now finding out its not that easy to know what is or is not legal and yet can be bought at PnP.

Apparently sponsors are again pulling out the sport.