The Classics

'Dale

5 minutes ago, Jbr said:

This aged well 🤣

I did not expect Wout to pop like he did, leaving VdP alone for the chase. What a champ wow I’m even more impressed than when Pidcock won strade… what a season so far we are spoilt 😍

Imagine if he had a modern day aero bike 🫢

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.. 2 yanks in the top ten! The new gen coming through look promising!

PB is going to be insane this year….if what happened today is anything to go by. It’s seems Jumbo slipped on a banana today! 😂

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

Supersport and adverts with 4km to go🤦🏻‍♂️

Don’t worry; not much happened in that time. Pogačar lost a few seconds on his lead, and then got it back up to 25-sec.

spacer.png

Pic credit: Tim de Wael / Getty Sport Images

Ouens en Vrouens,

What a monumental race - see what I did there.😇

Tactical masterclass from UAE and the champion Slovenian. Execution, however, is what matters, in this cobbled chess game. Mads Petersen, a worthy podium spot. Maybe vd Poel earlier chasing around km 30-40 caught with him oh so marginally. And yet a 2nd spot for the two time winner. And glory still evades Wout Van Aert.

“I knew I had to go solo on the last time up the Kwaremont. I just gave it all. I almost cracked on the Paterberg but I knew it was going to be tough. It was the only way to go to the finish. The Kwaremont suits me the most, we hit it with speed and we suffer on the cobbles. Then it’s pure power to the top and it’s long. It favours me. It's a day I will never forget." 

- 2023 RvV winner, Tadej Pogaçar

Edited by 'Dale

If someone wants to talk about "unbelievable" results, well this kid is still eligible for the young riders jersey at the TDF this year... 

Let's rather just enjoy the racing for what it is, mesmerising. 

I watched the reply of Pog's attack, and it was plain as day that the ghost of last year's sprint finish was chasing him up the last climb... and by golly he certainly was up there pretty spritely

VDP saw a third RVV victory just melt away. All in all, a great race, but pity about the crashes.

2 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

I watched the reply of Pog's attack, and it was plain as day that the ghost of last year's sprint finish was chasing him up the last climb... and by golly he certainly was up there pretty spritely

VDP saw a third RVV victory just melt away. All in all, a great race, but pity about the crashes.

Yeah that huge one, sure changed the race… some big big hitters got hurt and I’m just not sure why guys still think it’s cool to slip up on the inside and slot in. That was a super silly move, I would enforce a 3 race ban. These guys careers are on the line every race tje enter. Just imagine if someone got so hurt that they would have to call it quits?

look it’s a dangerous sport but there is a fine line between stupidity and controlled risk. Anyways, let’s hope they all stay upright at PB!😃

15 hours ago, Vetplant said:

If someone wants to talk about "unbelievable" results, well this kid is still eligible for the young riders jersey at the TDF this year... 

I'll just quote the unbelievability of your cheeky post for the records...

😁👍

16 hours ago, Vetplant said:

If I am not mistaken, he is still eligible for this year and next year? He will still be 25 for next years TdF.

18 minutes ago, devvydoesdonuts said:

If I am not mistaken, he is still eligible for this year and next year? He will still be 25 for next years TdF.

Correct, anyone under the age of 26 is eligible for white.

49 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Correct, anyone under the age of 26 is eligible for white.

Posted on 01 April, but seems to be mentioned a few times online, so maybe not an April Fools joke?

ASO removes the white jersey completion, introduces a silver.....

https://uksport.news/the-tour-de-france-will-remove-the-white-jersey-competition-and-will-offer-the-silver-jersey-for-riders-over-30-for-the-first-time/

https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/news/tour-de-france-to-debut-silver-jersey-for-riders-over-30/#:~:text=ASO announced new competition for 2023&text=There will be a new,what the white one was.