• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Pic credit: @paulineballet

E95D023A-52BD-40DC-B5CE-C0E8CF4ED4EC.jpeg

that is mtb territory for me

18 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Some people called the first three big results waaaaay out, in December already.

Getting 3 in a row is nice, but let's see whether someone is able to get to 4 and 5 in a row respectively.

They seem alligned that WvA takes Roubaix...

Cinema Tweets on Twitter: ""Nobody fucks with The Jesus."  https://t.co/70hnAGr7ER" / Twitter

20 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Some people called the first three big results waaaaay out, in December already.

Getting 3 in a row is nice, but let's see whether someone is able to get to 4 and 5 in a row respectively.

They seem alligned that WvA takes Roubaix...

Anyone who didn't call RVV winner on Sunday never saw what happened last year. I think this past Sunday's winner was obvious based on that...

Fastest average speed in the history of the Ronde van Vlaanderen = 45.0 km/h. Even considering that this is a refreshed course with tailwinds and crosswinds that is still lekka vinnig over 274 kms with cobbled roads and all. 

Pic credit: @colnagoworld

E5FAD102-CCE8-405F-BA66-682DDA504AEB.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

22 hours ago, Frosty said:

These were my picks:

Let's start with the Men's Monuments. Strade Bianche:
Milano-Sanremo:
Ronde van Vlaanderen:
Paris-Roubaix:
Liège-Bastogne-Liège:
Il Lombardia:

#forgottoreply

Boet, you shooting blanks… or do you just have a little frost bite? 😜

24 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Fastest average speed in the history of the Ronde van Vlaanderen = 45.0 km/h. Even considering that this is a refreshed course with tailwinds and crosswinds that is still lekka vinnig over 274 kms with cobbled roads and all. 

Insane and only 95 finished. 😳

8 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Really is sad for women cycling, I know there is a lot of work happening in the background to grow and improve womens cycling. I really enjoy watching women cycling, and do not know why there is less interest watching the women race compared to the men? I mean we all know the men are faster and stronger, but the women are racing up the same climbs and sections as the men albeit slower, seeing how they struggled up some of those cobbles just added to the spectical and showed us just how difficult those sections actually are to ride.

11 minutes ago, devvydoesdonuts said:

Really is sad for women cycling, I know there is a lot of work happening in the background to grow and improve womens cycling. I really enjoy watching women cycling, and do not know why there is less interest watching the women race compared to the men? I mean we all know the men are faster and stronger, but the women are racing up the same climbs and sections as the men albeit slower, seeing how they struggled up some of those cobbles just added to the spectical and showed us just how difficult those sections actually are to ride.

I totally agree. It seems there are more riders that are closely matched and fight tooth and nail for advantage. That makes it exciting.

For me, the racing calendar highlight is the LBL ladies race. Always a cracker.

As with all things, I need to be the change I want to see in the world, so I'll be tuning in, subscribing and clicking like buttons, reading and learning.

30 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

I totally agree. It seems there are more riders that are closely matched and fight tooth and nail for advantage. That makes it exciting.

For me, the racing calendar highlight is the LBL ladies race. Always a cracker.

As with all things, I need to be the change I want to see in the world, so I'll be tuning in, subscribing and clicking like buttons, reading and learning.

And we can start right here at home ....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://reachforrainbows.co.za/&ved=2ahUKEwjIqIrbmJL-AhUDg1wKHXOyBWkQFnoECAgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1iTAR3RocPYoU9BFlT4VjA

Some special ladies doing exceptional work 👍👍

Our clicks give them the exposure their sponsors need ....

Edited by ChrisF

1 hour ago, devvydoesdonuts said:

um, pretty sure seeing the whole peleton walking up the cobbles is not a good luck for most.

going to state the obvious here, but the interest is lower because....

*the men's racing is more exciting

*it's more exciting because of the depth of field

*you don't have the depth of field because the pro peleton is miles behind in terms of development at every level

*it's miles behind because...history. RVV mens races started in 1913, women's 90yrs later in 2004

chicken and egg scenario, the women's field is growing in leaps and bounds, but coming from a low base. build it and they will come.

19 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

Anyone who didn't call RVV winner on Sunday never saw what happened last year. I think this past Sunday's winner was obvious based on that...

Cycling must be the hardest sport to call an outright winner on, There are far too many variables in play to ever have a dead cert favourite, 

but since you're such a wiseguy, let's get your pick on who will get a piece of rock on sunday. here's the latest odds to help you out.

image.png.672fe192728928e22ae9866b94415075.png