The Classics

'Dale

Tyres not wheels or bike. Spez road and MTB aren't the best for reliability in the tyre department.

Agreed John.

Fast yes, Reliable NO..

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great ride by WvA...... MvP was very quiet.

Don't know why he didn't follow the JA move. He was well positioned in the group on the Poggio, maybe thought he would gamble on other teams bringing the leaders back.

And then sitting on the front in the final KM, he wasn't up to pulling the train again like at Amstel Gold last year, too many serious sprinters on his wheel this time round.

Missed opportunity for sure for MvdP.

Wout missing everything post his horrible TDF crash, has certainly made amends in the 2020 season.

Don't know why he didn't follow the JA move. He was well positioned in the group on the Poggio, maybe thought he would gamble on other teams bringing the leaders back.

And then sitting on the front in the final KM, he wasn't up to pulling the train again like at Amstel Gold last year, too many serious sprinters on his wheel this time round.

Missed opportunity for sure for MvdP.

Wout missing everything post his horrible TDF crash, has certainly made amends in the 2020 season.

305km... he is still but a pup..he also doesn't have a team that is able to support for the entire race..these things matter.

That was a fantastic and well deserved win! not often the guy made to do the pullin in the last 500m of a breakaway gets to win, albeit by half a wheel. 

And that crazy descent ... he was 100% in control though, beautiful bike handling. JAP was a bit more on the wild side, bien joué to him for being magnanimous in defeat.

I enjoyed the descent through those mountains to the coast, need to watch it all again later today.

That was a fantastic and well deserved win! not often the guy made to do the pullin in the last 500m of a breakaway gets to win, albeit by half a wheel. 

And that crazy descent ... he was 100% in control though, beautiful bike handling. JAP was a bit more on the wild side, bien joué to him for being magnanimous in defeat.

I enjoyed the descent through those mountains to the coast, need to watch it all again later today.

He was indeed very gracious.....who knows what would have happened if he did not have to spend the extra energy to catch up after he had a puncture. 

Wout averaged 200 watts or so until the finalè

Weighing about 76 kgs, that’s very good efficiency

Alaphilippe completed the same double of winning Strade’ and MSR last year.

Do we know how incredibly difficult it is to win a Worldtour race? Yoh. Luck meets preparation meets reliable equipment meets teamwork meets courage.

Next week: The race of the falling leaves ????, in August.

Has anyone got a link to a clip showing Matthews skimming the wall on the descent ?

Il Lombardia on Saturday.

With allot of the top guys committed to the Dauphine, will Remco just strut it to his first monument victory at his first attempt....?

Some of the other top dogs to give it a go:

MvdP

Nibali

Carapaz

George Bennet

Max Schachman

Fuglsang

Mike Woods

PS. Absolutely love that racing is back and it is all so compacted, we are really being spoilt!

post-27827-0-99944000-1597341459_thumb.png

First time I’m watching Il Lombardia. Not sure why I haven’t watch it before. That climb (Muro di Sormano) looks brutal.

First time I’m watching Il Lombardia. Not sure why I haven’t watch it before. That climb (Muro di Sormano) looks brutal.

[emoji15] you what?

Its such an awesome race..those descents are amazing.

I tuned in just in time.. to see Nibali go downhill [emoji4]

Edited by Gen

Oh genade.. thats a awful place to go over.. **** hope he is okay.

Edited by Gen

Oh **** me I hope Evenepoel is okay, that’s horrible.

I feel sick having seen that.

Edited by The Ghost

Oh **** me I hope Evenepoel is okay, that’s horrible.

I feel sick having seen that.

Ambulance there hope he is okay.