Max Knox to race Rocky Mountain in 2017

News bot

Dude, I think you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

He is unfortunately a victim of his circumstance and yes he has a cloud over his head from other people's actions and yes, maybe he is angered by their actions. Has he come out and condemned their actions?

He has not been caught, and therefore he is not being called a doper, this will be unfair, and I wont support it, but you cannot call people out for being skeptical in these circumstances. But this isnt the point...

Point is, its not Twitter or TheHub's fault that sponsors are cautious about investing in cycling, its the DOPERS fault for cheating in the first place.

Excellent response, Patch.

Max Knox has not been caught doping, so calling him a doper is unjustified. However, given the state of doping in cycling and the fact that many of his buds have been found to be doping, his reputation is tainted. What is even more damning is that he, to my knowledge, has never publicly outed the doping cabal with which he keeps company.

That, to me, is always suspicious.

Edited by ØÐǂƝȘȪƝ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something for all the Keyboard warriors to consider.

These guys get paid/sponsored based on attention they bring to a brand, it's alllll about advertising. So Slander.... bring bad press. Which implies a sponsor might walk past someone putting in allot of time to be the fastest he can be, so that he can get a sponsor, as the sponsor pays him, thats he's lively wood, he's job, he's income, he's ability to provide for a family.

So when you make statements with no facts, and ye, there is no facts here, he's never been found guilty ( and ye only positive tests gets made public, not negative, so in the absence of a positive test result he is innocent) you actually attacking he's lively wood, he's marketability, his attractiveness to sponsors.

Think about this... think what your situation would be if someone turns around and started stories at your job, to the point where you boss starts wonder, should I, should I not... is this worth it, Think what you'd do if stories destroy your career, your ability to provide for your wife and children, baseless stories.

Note, these professional athletes do come to these pages, and their sponsors also.

Without these athletes and sponsors our sport won't be where it is, so you not only hurting them, your hurting our sport.

Easy to sit behind a keyboard, 

G

Rubbish. 

Dopers in sport give sport a bad name. 

As a non doping cyclist which I believe Max is, he should be one of the people most outspoken about doping as it has personally affected him.  

It is dopers who chase sponsors away. 

It is dopers who make non dopers lives difficult. 

It has FA to do with what people on the outside say and has everything to do with what people on the inside do. 

Actions, not words. 

Seems like accusations by association, I'm sure no one here would like to be falsely accused due to association.

If you have nothing good to say, why say anything at all.

Edited by Gandalf

Seems like accusations by association, I'm sure no one here would like to be faulsy accused due to association.

If you have nothing good to say, why say anything at all.

What accusations?

Tell me, do you think it unfair when our Numba 1, JZ, is accused of fraud, corruption, nepotism, rape, etc? He hasn't been convicted of such things, right?

It's human nature - you'll be judged by the company you keep.

Max is being questioned as almost all of his stage racing partners over the past 3 years have been caught doping and banned. He was on the same team(Fedgroup) as Brandon Stewart and Kevin Evans when they got caught. Remember Kevin also denied knowing anything when David George was the first SA mtb'er to be caught for EPO.

Where there's smoke there's fire but if there is not a positive test you can't call him a doper

I wonder if it will restore faith in people when the UCI/CSA etc. make a public statement when a rider has returned a clean test. All we hear is when the riders has failed a test.

If these riders do get tested as regularly as they do why not make a simple public statement after each test result indicating when he/she was tested and what the result was.

Sometimes a negative test can have a positive effect!

PS. I'm not saying Max ever doped..........I'm just making a general suggestion.

I wonder if it will restore faith in people when the UCI/CSA etc. make a public statement when a rider has returned a clean test. All we hear is when the riders has failed a test.

If these riders do get tested as regularly as they do why not make a simple public statement after each test result indicating when he/she was tested and what the result was.

Sometimes a negative test can have a positive effect!

PS. I'm not saying Max ever doped..........I'm just making a general suggestion.

^

This. Good suggestion.

Excellent response, Patch.

Max Knox has not been caught doping, so calling him a doper is unjustified. However, given the state of doping in cycling and the fact that many of his buds have been found to be doping, his reputation is tainted. What is even more damning is that he, to my knowledge, has never publicly outed the doping cabal with which he keeps company.

That, to me, is always suspicious.

Just my 2c. 

Think that it is tough to expect Max to publicly crucify his buds if they are actual friends. I am sure if you asked Max he would not condone the actions of BS and KE. But if they are proper friends, that friendship is probably worth a lot more to him.

I would like to think that my friends will stick with me even if I manage to cock up for some or other selfish reason.

On a different note. Can't wait to see the 2017 RM Element on the top step of some podiums.

Just my 2c. 

Think that it is tough to expect Max to publicly crucify his buds if they are actual friends. I am sure if you asked Max he would not condone the actions of BS and KE. But if they are proper friends, that friendship is probably worth a lot more to him.

I would like to think that my friends will stick with me even if I manage to cock up for some or other selfish reason.

On a different note. Can't wait to see the 2017 RM Element on the top step of some podiums.

This is a very valid point, and probably true to a degree, jeez its even understandable. But if that is the choice he makes, then he must live with that choice.

Edited by Patchelicious

I think we are all on the same side here. My point is that the posts below portray the opinion that Max has something to hide and there is a skeleton about to fall out of a closet somewhere. You are also right in terms of what 3 or 4 hubbers think about Max makes zero difference to potential sponsors.

Any sponsor worth their salt will protect their brand with some serious anti doping clauses.

It must be hell trying to be a clean rider trying make their way through a drug riddled sport. You don't know who is really clean or doping. You choose the wrong partner and you are labelled with them. Its a small group in SA and I am sure most of the guys are mates at some level but they make their own personal decisions behind closed doors.

100% correct, its the dopers who make life hard for clean riders to get sponsored and make a living.

I guess, if Max had to go on and win a major international race the hub would be bursting with pride, claiming him as a Saffer and a great rider.

I guess I believe in the inherent good in people 1st, that's why I support Max in his endeavours. He is the best SA has BUT if he was ever found to be doping I would be seriously pissed off because he has great talent.

I hope they have a decent drug free escape clause........

What? who said that?.....

He he he.

This guy has had a whiff about him that he can't seem to shake.

Quite the slippery one... ☺️
Let see how this one plays out...(3dit 3dit...)
Mmmmm...(edit...edit...edit....)&&&&&&...!!!
Let's start a poll...??

Here I am trying to see how anyone on this thread would be affecting his "lively wood" (sic)

That sounds so naff: "lively wood".

OKAY other than winning how good has Max been to his sponsors in other regards

I mean I almost never see anything from him on face book and twitter (I follow all his pages)

I mean are you not supposed to get the brands and companies attention and exposure as well?

In other ways than standing on the podium with their shirt on your back.

This is why I believe Mattys Beukes is one of the best guys to sponsor in south africa because he is actively involved with all his sponsors and always active on social media getting Scott,Liqui-moly , ect. ect. good exposure.

my 2c

Edited by BaGearA