Rapha Festive 500 - 2016

Simon Kolin

Overachiever :eek:  making the rest of us look bad

Hubbers have been known to occupy most (if not all) of the top 5 positions in SA for this challenge.  ;)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am planning to do it this year - mostly using a route out to the west rand/randfontein area - super early start to do it in the cool and when family is sleeping mostly.

Let me know, we can expand on what we did on 31/12 last year...?

I am planning to do it this year - mostly using a route out to the west rand/randfontein area - super early start to do it in the cool and when family is sleeping mostly.

Care to share the route please?

Does it count if you do some of it on an indoor trainer?

Working through Christmas and EL becomes a bit of a nightmare with all the vaalies down here at this time of year.

Winter challenge for our Northern neightbours.

Rides starting at 5am will avoid the sunburn. 

Strava is such a Northern Hemisphere wankers paradise. Just look at how stupid all their challenges are at the time of year they run them.

But the saddest thing is seeing guys on their bikes wearing Strava Grand Fondo bibs and shirts. Imagine buying some over priced kit that clearly tells those around you you waste cash on cycling clothes AND you think riding 100km in mid summer is a big deal.

Strava is such a Northern Hemisphere wankers paradise. Just look at how stupid all their challenges are at the time of year they run them.

But the saddest thing is seeing guys on their bikes wearing Strava Grand Fondo bibs and shirts. Imagine buying some over priced kit that clearly tells those around you you waste cash on cycling clothes AND you think riding 100km in mid summer is a big deal.

They have dumbed it down quite a bit. From a grand fondo being 130 to 100. 130 push the boundaries for some a bit. I was hoping for 150 being the target. Now I just chase a few Audax medals...

What a ray of sunshine...