[Event] The 99er Cycle Race 2017

Ninetyniner Durbanville

Did the guys riding/walking the elliptical trainer like bike things finish? Anyone else spot them later on?

Would also like to know, had a friendly chat with them on the road, wonder how that 8 speed went up visserswalk...

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys, sent them my garmin gps file of the race.

Off the Topic and Case closed

(I've sent Racetec my Start Group for Bouckaert Soenen 37km MTB race,..and they responded "MA" is NOT a start group, Please send your Start group....") I won't have a problem if they thought I shouldn't be in group MA (not in Rocket mode atm),...but they said there is NO group MA?...anyway#ilaughedandlaughed

Edited by Brandon78

Those elliptical things are very cool. And they did finish. Rode next to one for a bit its quite noisy.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Cool race! I was in B and got dropped about 15km before the finish line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Americo, we both lost the group there but you just kept fighting to the finish and that's all that count. In what time did you finish?

Hi Americo, we both lost the group there but you just kept fighting to the finish and that's all that count. In what time did you finish?

I got some of the guys who dropped us in the final hills and finished at 2:58:44 , you?

What bike did you have?

I got some of the guys who dropped us in the final hills and finished at 2:58:44 , you?

What bike did you have?

Swift Carbon, finished in 2:58:55

Decided to enter the race on Friday evening after a friend twisted my arm.

Had a hard week with 3 days of two riding sessions a day, and two with one session only, as a result my legs was a bit tired.

Race went well, and I dropped of the peleton on 3 occasions when I felt the pace was a bit too hot for me.

Vissershok was done at a pace just above walking pace (BUT I DID NOT WALK), Odendaals was a bit better.

Still finished the race with a PB (not by much....) so I am quite satisfied with how things went.

What a lekker race. End was tough though, as expected. Had a go at Vissershok, but just couldn't do the whole one. Had to walk the middle bit. Same with Odendaal. I really miss my MTB granny! Best part for me was coming back from Windmeul and the long stretch before Klipheuwel. Settling in a nice rhythm. Thereafter it is a bit messy. Passing lots of short route riders and the road surface is not ayoba. Well, onwards and upwards. :thumbup:

Really nice race, We had an excellent marshal on the bike with us in the A bunch, Dankie Nico.

My only RANT is with all the cocks who chucked their gels and *** out when they were done with it, Naai man ouens, keep it in your pockets, HEL!

Nope, its actually the last seeding event used for the CTCT 2017. But lets keep that hush hush :P

Is this true? I ask because the 99er was my first race. I had a solid crack at it (starting at the back in the CC group) with the aim of getting a decent seeding for NEXT years CTCT. I've been given a sub entry for this CTCT, which I took thinking that I would just ride it socially. 

So if my result from this 99er will give me a good seeding for THIS CTCT, it sort of affects how much training I do in the next couple of weeks. I guess I will know in a couple of days once the substitution process goes through. 

Is this true? I ask because the 99er was my first race. I had a solid crack at it (starting at the back in the CC group) with the aim of getting a decent seeding for NEXT years CTCT. I've been given a sub entry for this CTCT, which I took thinking that I would just ride it socially. 

So if my result from this 99er will give me a good seeding for THIS CTCT, it sort of affects how much training I do in the next couple of weeks. I guess I will know in a couple of days once the substitution process goes through. 

Nope, I was wrong this year. They decided to make the cut off earlier this year for some reason. Caught me out a little.