Somerset West Fires (now including paarl and stellies/jonkers)

dev  null

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a faknut. Maybe when all the white owned farms have burned down this idiot piece of **** can give all the labourers some money to stay alive.

Stupid bloody idiot. My blood is boiling over right now

It's a bit late in the day now, but why don't they set deliberate controled fires and create firebreaks?

I think that's what I would do if my property backed onto veld.

It's a bit late in the day now, but why don't they set deliberate controled fires and create firebreaks?

I think that's what I would do if my property backed onto veld.

Saw the figures spent on firebreaks, can't recall the number but it was major tom.. The breaks are there and I suppose without, the damage would have been even greater.

I am going to be a bit awkward here and say this..

Hate white people, hate their oppression, hate everything about them, yet embrace the God which they brought to you and violently forced on you?

It all seems a little unbalanced

Hate white people, hate their oppression, hate everything about them, yet embrace the God which they brought to you and violently forced on you?

Religion is by definition illogical so no, not unbalanced at all. Fits in perfectly with the senselessness of it all

The next thing that needs to be decolonized is the ANC motor fleet.

What is her God up to if the same wind and fire from God burns the poor lot in the shack fires? 

Will she be gratefull? 

Then God is a colonialist again.

It's terrible out here in Paarl/Wellington. There seem to be eye witnesses seeing how fires are started on the farms while the helicopters are flying over them to get to a fires nearby.

Some of the fires being started are controlled burns to prevent the fires spreading further according to comments I heard on the radio this morning. Its a known tactic in fire fighting.

Almost no wind today, so today is the best opportunity to do controlled burns to prevent more runaway fires tomorrow when the wind is back.

Almost no wind today, so today is the best opportunity to do controlled burns to prevent more runaway fires tomorrow when the wind is back.

as it is fire season, the are not allowed to do controlled burns. they can only do controlled burns during winter and spring.

I think that is from June(might might be april) to October