2017 Vuelta a España

Bonus

Yikes, I wonder if the Chaves stuff at Le Tour was more mental rather than physical? I think its hard to believe that you go from being dropped just after Tony Martin pops, to staying with a GT winner in an attack no other GC contender can hang on to. 

To improve your fitness in less than 5 weeks is crazy. 

Must have hit him hard losing his friend and Physio. Shows its not just stomping on the pedals, if the mind is not there the legs wont fire.

Jenny Risveds in a similar boat. Lost grandparents and hasn't been the same.

When your mind is just not up to it your body follows.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Chaves just took the tour easy as he probably wasn't in top form given the injury. Made more sense not to burn out too much at Le Tour and to target the Vuelta proper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rider who impressed me the most today..... Froome with the huge attack and Chavez looked very comfortable no stress at all, didn't struggle one bit.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I wish the feed SS has would have shown more of the chasers. The Froome group weren't going slowly but when Nibali and co caught them they made the Froome group look like alphabet soup riders. Nibali must have pulled out all stops on that decent.

I think Chaves just took the tour easy as he probably wasn't in top form given the injury. Made more sense not to burn out too much at Le Tour and to target the Vuelta proper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Still waiting for your "told you so" post... ^_^

Meintjes and Zakarin both also cracked - 54 seconds down

Its early on and looked like the Main Cheese had a mechanical at the start of the climb. 

Lets all be honest, the biggest surprise yesterday was TJ holding on!!

He's out of a contract in 4 months so digging deep (Agents orders) 

Maybe Trek  :nuke:

He's out of a contract in 4 months so digging deep (Agents orders) 

Maybe Trek  :nuke:

Trek will not buy him, they buy riders that are past their peak and have going away parties all the time. Voigt, Contador..

TJ never peaked

Trek will not buy him, they buy riders that are past their peak and have going away parties all the time. Voigt, Contador..

TJ never peaked

:lol:

Maybe cause he's from Murica..

Sure hope BMC doesn't renew.

Its early on and looked like the Main Cheese had a mechanical at the start of the climb. 

post-46817-0-84468700-1503390649_thumb.gif

TJ never peaked

I think white jersey TdF 2012 was a definite peak. Problem is that it's supposed to be a sign of things to come.

Been all downhill from there, as the 'next big thing' he got a huge contract with BMC. Got to be worst RoI on any recent cycling deal.

Seems like those Sky transfer rumors might be onto something. 

Seems like those Sky transfer rumors might be onto something.

Could be decent almost-super domestique. Seems like a decent bloke without ego issues in the Kwiato mode. Just without the suffer skills.

Can anyone explain to me what David Lopez adds to Sky? I have looked long and hard and other than 'ambience' I am stumped.

Could be decent almost-super domestique. Seems like a decent bloke without ego issues in the Kwiato mode. Just without the suffer skills.

Can anyone explain to me what David Lopez adds to Sky? I have looked long and hard and other than 'ambience' I am stumped.

good twitter following...

Still waiting for your "told you so" post... ^_^

Hahaha.

It's his last GT even though his last one should have been 3 years back. But I'll go easy on you guys this time. You can have your fun worshipping for another 3 weeks. Maybe he'll even win a stage for you.

Archived