Dedicated to all the cyclist that have suffered an incident and to the unfortunate ones who left us

daniele

Remember the thread on here well... very glad you are still with us and managed to remain positive! Your wife seems like a trooper - look after eachother  :thumbup:

Very sad at the handling from the police, but not entirely unexpected. Life is cheap in SA.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for giving us all a glimpse into how much you are now cherishing every day and every moment without having to go through the same experience you have, to have this view!

What you have conquered, almost none of those that own a sub3 would ever be able to!

Much respect!

:thumbup:

Daniela glad you are improving .

Good spirit .

Arno

( the guy who started the thread here on your accident )

Thank you again Arno!

Not sure if 'Congrats' is the right word to say considering everything you've been through but respect for the spirit, the struggle, strength and finding a positive message and outlook rather than let the whole horrific experience damage you more. Respect to your Mrs as well and the support from all your friends / family. 

Thanks for the breakdown of the incident, the responses of the authorities and most of all telling of the road out of hospital and into long recovery. So often the stories of accidents here are covered in the first instance and then they fade away and forgotten as the next terrible story breaks. I hope the telling was as cathartic for you as informative and eye opening the reading was for us. 

Thanks for sharing - and good luck for your future riding (wherever it may take you).
Sad reality that we live in.

That's one hell of an ordeal you have and are still going through. Strength to you & your wife. Nothing beats having a pillar of strength to lean on in times of need .

I am great believer in you know who you can really rely on when the chips are down. Those that stand up to be counted,and Nadine you clearly are one of those people,Massive Kudo's and respect to you.

Heal up & ride what ever makes you happy.

Wow, what a story. Thanks for sharing, I clearly remember when this happened.

To be honest I planned a long ride this weekend but changed my mind after all the recent incidents

Daniele, Thanks for the amazing post!!!

I still remember the original thread when you got hit 3 months back, So glad this thread was able to follow.

You are such a mentally strong person and your positive vibes where clearly felt by everyone involved in your incident.

All the best of luck with the rest of the recovery period.

I'm glad you are ok and thank you for sharing the wonderfully sad, happy and positive at the same time story with us. 

Keep on being positive and good luck with the road ahead :thumbup:

thank you for sharing this and thanks for your honesty.

stories like this remind me to be grateful for every single day, no matter how bad things are going.

all the best - hope you recover 100% soon.

Awesome and sad story at the same time. Kudos to you for changing your mental attitude to one of positivity. Major kudos to your wife for helping you get there. Wish you all of the best with your recovery...

• 2 weeks later...

Today is 10 years since a very special soul was taken from us. Julie was killed by a truck which drifted into the yellow lane, she was 26, she had been married a year to a remarkable man Bruce. She was buried on Valentines day.

We miss you Julie.

post-19421-0-58888100-1486703645_thumb.png

Archived