Wind in the Willows

I haven't actually viewed the bike so I'm just going on pics & specs. May see it on Thursday. I know very little, which is why I'm asking about it. It's more the 26" thing that bothers me. The comments are fair tho. You can't buy &^%! for that new.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Here's the deal: I want to know how much you would pay for this 2011 Rocky Mountain Element 30msl.

Let's say the condition is very good (see ad pics). Throw a figure out, or provide a range: highest and lowest amount depending on whatever your criteria are.

The ad has everything you need to know. 26" lovers and haters are ALL WELCOME. Throw the offer on the ground or press it tightly to your bosom and sing sweet songs of longing.

Thanks for your input.

The R15k he's asking

I haven't actually viewed the bike so I'm just going on pics & specs. May see it on Thursday. I know very little, which is why I'm asking about it. It's more the 26" thing that bothers me. The comments are fair tho. You can't buy &^%! for that new.

As my silly signature says... The only issue is tyre availability but they can be had online and there are still local shops that sell. As for performance gains of bigger wheels - its real by all accounts but you won't notice it. My big fat 26er Enduro bike accelerated to 64kph down Suikerbossie ten days ago with no pedaling and a bit of a tuck. The maneuverability on tight trails is awesome. I could go on...

oh wait ... I see it is a 26'er ... the seller should be paying you to take it away then ........ :ph34r:

Yah right - how manny hubbers still secretly have a 26er hidden away out of sight (and still ride it too).

To OP if the shocks and suspension is in top condition then its a very good buy.

DO NOT be put off by the wheel size - ask all the others if they had great rides before they got their 29nr. Just make absolutely sure that the frame size is right for your height(killer)

In the WC there are many rides that are still just better on a 26er. (kom stry nou julle)

Yah right - how manny hubbers still secretly have a 26er hidden away out of sight (and still ride it too).

To OP if the shocks and suspension is in top condition then its a very good buy.

DO NOT be put off by the wheel size - ask all the others if they had great rides before they got their 29nr. Just make absolutely sure that the frame size is right for your height(killer)

In the WC there are many rides that are still just better on a 26er. (kom stry nou julle)

...........just checking.......... you did not take me seriously did you  :eek:

Mine aint hidden out of site. I ride it every week, ask Myles. We had a go sunday,  and had to take a gap very awkwardly and managed to nail it. Dunno if I would have been able to pull that off with bigger wheels

...........just checking.......... you did not take me seriously did you  :eek:

Nah but 1st time posters could.

To OP - welcome to hubland !!