SA Champs - Super Crappy Medals

Furbz

For me it's more symbolic.  SA's you don't race for trophies or money or medals.  You race to put the stripes on you jersey and to be called SA Champ for a whole year!!!

Just like winning a gold at the olympics... it's symbolic, you don't need it.... try telling that to the olympians who worked blood sweat and tears to get a medal and title that goes with.... perhaps you should ask Bolt how he feels about loosing 1 of his 9 medals.... am sure he will say, ag is just a medal... somehow I think not !!

I guess if you not in a position to win one or will never win one... then am sure the mentality will be its more symbolic!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like winning a gold at the olympics... it's symbolic, you don't need it.... try telling that to the olympians who worked blood sweat and tears to get a medal and title that goes with.... perhaps you should ask Bolt how he feels about loosing 1 of his 9 medals.... am sure he will say, ag is just a medal... somehow I think not !!

I guess if you not in a position to win one or will never win one... then am sure the mentality will be its more symbolic!!

Some of the guys who have won medals, might even say that they don't care, others might care.

But the point is, our athletes DESERVE better that this.

Some of the guys who have won medals, might even say that they don't care, others might care.

But the point is, our athletes DESERVE better that this.

Agreed

Actually I've got two, so that's what it represents to me.  But thank you very much for your opinion.

Done and done.... ons slaap by die huis!

They may give a response like.. we did everything we could with limited funding we had[emoji17] while they check out of whatever fancy guesthouse they used.

While medals may only be symbolic to some riders, it means the world to the juniors hey...Maybe they gave them the nice ones.?

Edited by Gen

They were hiding Ice cold water in the fridge behind themselves in that tent.

Wtf

Congratz on the achievement, Natural' :thumbup:

Actually I've got two, so that's what it represents to me.  But thank you very much for your opinion.

Then you should take more pride in what you have and what you have achieved!!

Looks like a "oh sh¡t, we forgot the medals" job on a Friday afternoon.

bought from china town perhaps?

Then you should take more pride in what you have and what you have achieved!!

I will give mine away, like SBW.  It can be stolen.....but they can never take away your achievement.  Hope that's OK with you.

A few pictures of the Gold medal handed out at the South African Champs that recently took place in the Cape.

i have no words

just wow. 

i would feel ashamed awarding and honoring the best cycling athletes in our country with this crap.

for anyone wondering, it's not a blurred picture. the printing on the medals is just that bad.

CSA you can do a lot better!

attachicon.gifDSC_0809.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0810.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0813.JPG

picture of 94.7 Gold medal for comparative reference.

attachicon.gifDSC_0814.JPG

it's not even dated!

I'm guessing they got some massive stock in years before. forgot/chose not to to order this year and then had to use all the tarnished ones that were left last