Anyone using Zwift?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if it would work if you connected everything with ANT+ instead of bluetooth?

Right now ANT+ is not supported on the Android version, unfortunately. But it is specifically listed in their current "Known Issues", so I assume it is one of the many things that is still being worked on.

I assume most of the issues will only be fixed after Eurobike, to be honest. They've probably tested it with specific trainers and tablets that will be used at the show. Fair enough. I'm in no rush.

Edited by HdB

• 4 weeks later...

Rad!

There is this "Cycling South Africa - ‘Membership’ is required by potential winner". Not that I'm a potential winner. I thought we'd be free of this nonsense in Watopia but I suppose if you want it to be an officially recognised national championship you have to. Soon we'll be paying day licenses to ride in Zwift races  :ph34r:

Seems they are rather strict about it too:

In order to be eligible to be crowned the  Zwift National Champion, you must abide by the following rules:

• A valid National Cycling Federation race license is required.
  • By having membership to your National Cycling Federation, you are bound by the terms and conditions and the regulations of the Federation including the Code of Conduct, responsible riding policy, Member Protection Policy and Anti Doping Policy.
  • Country eligibility will be based on which National Cycling Federation you have registered with. All potential winners will be requested to show their valid race license to be awarded the National Champion title.

This is pretty cool:

"The winner will receive the National Champion virtual kit to wear for one year."

Would this mean that other Zwift races are unsanctioned events?  :whistling:

If I fall off my trainer in the sprint, will CSA insurance cover me?

I want to try zwift.

So I bought a classic trainer(not smart).Wahoo speed and cadence sensors bluetooth and ant.

When I connect the sensors to my phone it picks it up but then says no signal.

Do I need to first supply them with my billing adress to start the 7 day free trail.

Are you using the Android version, or ipad/iphone?

I'm having issues with the Android version since the last update, HR connects but says No Signal

Anyone else having problems running zwift on android.

Zwift on Android is very much still in its test phase. You can expect there to be some problems.

Zwift is encouraging people with issues to email them at beta@zwift.com

Anyone else having problems running zwift on android.

Your other question, I don't think you need to supply anything for the free trial to start.

I subscribed after my free trial ran out, I'm pretty sure I only gave billing details at that point.

The issue with other Bluetooth devices showing No Signal only started, for me at least, after the app updated to the latest version (25th July, I think?). Before that my HR strap worked fine.

Just check Shane did a full review on Android. I have not watched it but he is pretty good with his reviews.

Shane Miller or GPlama on youtube