Anyone using Zwift?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping they would use this opportunity to replace that boring Richmond course, but it seems they are still using it once this month

august-2018.jpg?w=713&ssl=1

Yup indeed. On Richmond days, I rather ride alone on Watopia

My biggest gripe with Zwift is the forced days in certain locations.  I know there are ways around it, but this should be built into Zwift.  Maybe they'll do that when they release the New York route.  Here's hoping.

Forgive the newb - how do you change the course??

Yup indeed. On Richmond days, I rather ride alone on Watopia

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

Yeah..would love to know how you can ride London on a day that has Watopia scheduled?

Yeah..would love to know how you can ride London on a day that has Watopia scheduled?

https://zwiftinsider.com/world-tag/

works a treat, but make a copy of your pref.xml FIRST. that way, it's simple enough to change back, because if you DO want to ride that day's world, it's annoying to have to stop the ride, exit, editeditedit and restart.

I want to try zwift.

So I bought a classic trainer(not smart).Wahoo speed and cadence sensors bluetooth and ant.

When I connect the sensors to my phone it picks it up but then says no signal.

Do I need to first supply them with my billing adress to start the 7 day free trail.

New Android update available today, maybe it solves the issue. You might have to uninstall and re-install the app, if it keeps crashing during loading

Edited by HdB

https://zwiftinsider.com/world-tag/

works a treat, but make a copy of your pref.xml FIRST. that way, it's simple enough to change back, because if you DO want to ride that day's world, it's annoying to have to stop the ride, exit, editeditedit and restart.

Awesome...but if you "hack" the file, do you not end up on a route that hardly has any people on them? I.e. most will ride what is scheduled right? 

Awesome...but if you "hack" the file, do you not end up on a route that hardly has any people on them? I.e. most will ride what is scheduled right?

You will be totally alone on the route.

Yes, you will be alone. mostly. I hacked my prefs file to ride Innsbruck before it was scheduled, and it was packed.

personally, don't like Richmond, but if it's virtual, should we really care?

I’m starting to wonder if Zwift is worth the fuss...

Been using Rouvey for years and it has so many different options and works with no hassle on my old 19voetsek laptop. HD Video, online races, create my own routes, ride famous routes ......yada yada

Zwift won’t work on said laptop and does not work on the iPad without having to spend time and money to find something to convert ANT+ to something the ******* iPad will understand.

Bah humbug

Been using Rouvey for years and it has so many different options and works with no hassle on my old 19voetsek laptop. HD Video, online races, create my own routes, ride famous routes ......yada yada

Zwift won’t work on said laptop and does not work on the iPad without having to spend time and money to find something to convert ANT+ to something the ******* iPad will understand.

Bah humbug

its worth the fuss.

Bah humbug

I'm currently using both. I can see the appeal of Zwift, though I can't be bothered with the social part while riding up a climb for 22 minutes.

Looking forward to testing the "Augmented Reality" update to Rouvy. Once that is out I might pick one or the other, or keep both and alternate as I do now. The great quality videos of famous climbs I will likely never get to ride in real life, is a big plus to Rouvy for me.