Anyone using Zwift?

What device did you use?

Apple TV, so apparently it's not possible to download the ride through that.

However, as you mention, it saves periodically onto Zwift.com, meaning that I only lost the last 10 minutes of my ride as it had saved at the hour mark.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple TV, so apparently it's not possible to download the ride through that.

However, as you mention, it saves periodically onto Zwift.com, meaning that I only lost the last 10 minutes of my ride as it had saved at the hour mark.

Is the app loaded onto your apple tv? (i assume it's the new one where one can load apps)

I have no experience or knowledge of this.

We must try to get a Hub Zwift ride together to unlock the 100 mile badge.

I can't see myself riding 160km on my own.

a friend and I have done it about two years ago.

and that same afternoon he did a local road race (80km) outside

was DC preparation ... :whistling:

So I want to do the gravel grinder Training plan on zwift.

Have any of you guys done some of the training plans and is it worth it?Pretty sure it wil be better than just riding hey?

I do like mtb more and only own a mounty as well. thats why i thought gravel grinder might be a good call for me? but I am open to suggestions aswell

So I want to do the gravel grinder Training plan on zwift.

Have any of you guys done some of the training plans and is it worth it?Pretty sure it wil be better than just riding hey?

I do like mtb more and only own a mounty as well. thats why i thought gravel grinder might be a good call for me? but I am open to suggestions aswell

its free so worth a try

Yeah I started this morning, I just want to get the best possible training on the IDT hahaha time can gonso slowly on it

android version (beta) finally being rolled out  :clap:  :clap: 

only issue I have is my phone is not ant+ compatible (Huawei P9 lite)

Yeah, that's the next issue - thankfully most new sensors and trainers are both bluetooth and ANT+ compatable.

android version (beta) finally being rolled out  :clap:  :clap: 

busy installing now, will test tonight

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zwift.zwiftgame 

installation just finished, initial feelings (at work so I can't sync and test with a trainer).

1. loading takes forever and they have this annoying background "music" playing.
  2. I don't like the app permission requirements, wtf has location services got to do with enabling blue tooth?
  3. the app is very slow (might be my phone) 

installation just finished, initial feelings (at work so I can't sync and test with a trainer).

1. loading takes forever and they have this annoying background "music" playing. Well it's the same music as the desktop and iOS apps, so I'm not sure what your complaint is.
  2. I don't like the app permission requirements, wtf has location services got to do with enabling blue tooth? Sure, but what difference does it really make?
  3. the app is very slow (might be my phone) It's your phone

Blazingly fast on my LG V30+, but it is one of the latest generation phones. This is great, no more lugging the iPad and stand between my house and The Girl's house for after work sweat-sessions.

I use ANT+ with my China import Teclast T8 tablet (using Rouvy or the Tacx (cr)app) - I just use one of those Garmin ANT+ adapters with a OTG adapter.

Support calls...

I predict MANY people blaming their indoor trainers and not their device or software. 

No doubt. "Why won't your useless app work on my R1000 Sansui Hi-fi corp special tablet?!?! 1-Star rating for you!"

At the same time though, there are a lot of Android phones and tablets these days that are not top-of-the-range, that can play PUBG, Mortal Kombat, etc. at decent framerates. I know synthetic benchmarks don't tell the whole story, but for example the Qualcomm 660 in the Nokia 7 Plus is faster than quite a few of the Apple devices that play Zwift just fine.

Hopefully the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 comes to SA. It will probably cost similar to the cheapest Ipad 6th Gen (which Telkom has a fairly nice deal on the 128GB version!), sure, but at least I don't have to wave goodbye to everything I already own on the Google Play store.

Support calls...

I predict MANY people blaming their indoor trainers and not their device or software. 

It's beta software, you know what you're letting yourself in for when you download and install it. Zwift has launched this beta to test as many devices as possible in order to narrow down which devices would be compatible. Once the full version is released you'll see that it will be available to limited devices which meet the required performance standards. They're not stupid.

So I installed the Android beta on my tablet (Teclast T8), and it actually runs well enough. Not perfectly smooth, but it is definitely playable.

Issues so far are that it didn't control the resistance of my Vortex Smart at all.

And it looks like there might currently be a limitation on the number concurrent of Bluetooth connections.

For comparison, directly after my ride on Zwift I tested Rouvy with everything connected via BT (normally I use ANT+), and all my sensors plus the trainer connected without a problem and resistance of the trainer was being controlled.

I probably won't consider subscribing until at least the trainer resistance issue has been fixed.