Candidate for new Supercycling anchor

Chris NewbyFraser

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think that they should cover in their post race "chat"?

Perhaps the guys doing the interview should have a selection of questions that makes it sound interesting, and not rely on the sole input from the rider to tell them how their ride went. This would ultimately come from the producer, and perhaps the presenters.

Force the riders to answer certain questions, and they don't have to think about what to say, but respond to the questions posed to them.

Compared to the interviews from the WT teams, our locals just sound boring.

Perhaps the guys doing the interview should have a selection of questions that makes it sound interesting, and not rely on the sole input from the rider to tell them how their ride went. This would ultimately come from the producer, and perhaps the presenters.

Force the riders to answer certain questions, and they don't have to think about what to say, but respond to the questions posed to them.

Compared to the interviews from the WT teams, our locals just sound boring.

I like that idea.

As previously mentioned, expect South Africans to sound good on Telly all by themselves is asking a bit too much. Jaaaaaaaa ;)

I like that idea.

As previously mentioned, expect South Africans to sound good on Telly all by themselves is asking a bit too much. Jaaaaaaaa ;)

I reckon you are being a bit harsh on the Saffa’s here Patch.

Main reason the world tour pro’s sound good is because we have no idea what they are saying when they rattle off their Italian, Spanish, French or Russian responses and all of those are sort of cool sounding languages.

Most local pro’s are of the wildebeest variety which means they cannot rely on the language to make up for content. The Kaaskoppe and the Flemish  don’t sound so lekker in their own language…same roots, same problem

I reckon you are being a bit harsh on the Saffa’s here Patch.

Main reason the world tour pro’s sound good is because we have no idea what they are saying when they rattle off their Italian, Spanish, French or Russian responses and all of those are sort of cool sounding languages.

Most local pro’s are of the wildebeest variety which means they cannot rely on the language to make up for content. The Kaaskoppe and the Flemish don’t sound so lekker in their own language…same roots, same problem

My dig wasn't really aimed at our local pros, more us mamils. Check previous post about it ;)

and the fun riders that get asked a question while stuffing their mouth with a potato.

What *num, num* would you expect *num, num* them to know? Other than that double dipping is a crime?

REPOST :wacko:

What about InCycle?

I have not watched any episodes yet, is it any good?

I find it decent the few that I have watched. It gets done by the same media house that has Cycling News as a part of their stable. In other words good content that's well presented maybe a bit lacking in personality imho but that's what GCN/GMBN is for.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

REPOST :wacko:

What about InCycle?

I have not watched any episodes yet, is it any good?

Funny you mention it [emoji39] I watched an episode earlier this week... they had a segment on Bora Hansgrohe so I was immediately impressed.[emoji6]

Also the Vox Womens show is good and nice exposure for the ladies side of things.

Edited by Gen

What *num, num* would you expect *num, num* them to know? Other than that double dipping is a crime?

Agree, what profound insight into the race is mr mid-packer MAMIL supposed to have? Other than beautiful scenery, lekker ride & I'm suffering like hell. One of the reasons I cant be bothered to watch these "highlight" packages, all the exact same formula & comments with slightly different scenery.

I tried two years ago to get a YouTube thing going, Cameras on motorbikes at races to cover Vets and A bunch racing, Interviews after the racing etc etc. But also no sponsors.
Maybe should give it another bash.

Edited by Peter Parker

Agree, what profound insight into the race is mr mid-packer MAMIL supposed to have? Other than beautiful scenery, lekker ride & I'm suffering like hell. One of the reasons I cant be bothered to watch these "highlight" packages, all the exact same formula & comments with slightly different scenery.

Ha, Ha, I had a bit of a chuckle at some of the comments,.... anyway, its been years since I watched S.Cycling obviously, so things may have changed,.. but I always thought it was very much aimed at the new entrant into the sport (ie) aimed at getting them to enter events and into the shops, theres nothing wrong with that I guess, but one quickly runs out of that kind of basic material, and things rapidly become repetitive.

Its difficult to be everything to everyone of course, but the whole show came across as rather amateurish and juvenile to me.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

I can like to agree with you. Lekker man lekker.... :devil:

"Hmmm jaaaa, thanks Gerald, we are um jaaaa just so grateful to be out here hey, it's lekker, these potatoes are lekker, we are just enjoying the duidelike views and tonight we will all have a jol, jaaaa, just a thank you to all the tannies here giving us these lekker kos, and just one more thing. Gooo BOKKE!!, hehehe"

I tried two years ago to get a YouTube thing going, Cameras on motorbikes at races to cover Vets and A bunch racing, Interviews after the racing etc etc. But also no sponsors.

Maybe should give it another bash.

This sounds cool!

Do you have all the kit already?