Candidate for new Supercycling anchor

Chris NewbyFraser

owenhannie"And that's a wrap folks!" The last episode of SuperCycling. Thanks for all the memories over the past 16years 

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Huh?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was watching.

They said good bye at the end.

Think it is for good.

Edited by Mongoose!

That sure is good news.

Last little exposure that our teams got just went out the window?

How could a cycling program get canned? The industry is growing....

owenhannie"And that's a wrap folks!" The last episode of SuperCycling. Thanks for all the memories over the past 16years 

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

I'm surprised it lasted that long. SuperSport seem to be outsourcing any non rugby/soccer/cricket based material these days, it won't take much for a 3rd party to offer a significantly better produced insert. Another thought is that there are a couple of excellently produced options appearing on YouTube such as global cycling network.

I would personally prefer a younger more energetic/audience connected presenter choice, Gerald and Andrew were very subdued to watch.

There were hints of something else appearing soon.

Mighty Mouse referred to this as a halftime break.

Cause it costs money. And takes time. And effort. And all the presenters favourite music is only available on vinyl...

nothing wrong with vinyl :P

I am surprised we have not seen any GCN equivalent. Imo the show is easy to disrupt if you can source content or produce own.

The Epic has shown you can skip satellite if your web offering is strong enough.

Hi,

Yes SS was not perfect but at least it was a  local  cycling slot, and because of that I will miss it.

Sarge

Corrected

did not watch it every week - but will miss it also yes

GCN is great , but will not cover local events .

SC did a good job of covering many local road and MTB races . Gave a little bit of exposure to both the teams racing , and the sponsors .

Might lose a few sponsors now due to zero TV coverage ..... Time will tell .

Edited by Popit

My 2C on supercycling. I was never able to watch an episode from the start to the finish, although knowledgeable the presenters are all too dull. There was no "energy" in the studio. Having said that, I enjoyed the coverage of our local races and the insight they gave us into cycling in SA. 

In my opinion supercycling just needed a shakeup, get 1 or 2 younger guys, maybe ex pro's to host the show. I would've also liked to see more on gear, bikes, gadgets etc. 

Cycling in SA is massive, I don't know how we can NOT have a local show?