Candidate for new Supercycling anchor

Chris NewbyFraser

Just finished watching Supercycling. Really enjoyed the interview with young William Makgoba (correct spelling?)

Enthusiastic, candid, positive, original thinking and warm. Might struggle a bit with English but his character more than makes up for it.

Compare him to vanilla boring Owen Hannie and there is no comparison. Supercycling could create a really good presenter if they employed William when he finishes varsity this year. Think Gugu Zulu and you have an idea of what this youngster could be like.

Mighty Mouse won't always be on the show and Hannie cannot possibly energise proceedings. They need to start grooming his replacement.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Scott

what, all 160 kg of him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by coppi

I stopped watching 5 years ago. Maclean always had a good opinion but that was it.

To make this show relevant it needs to have better coverage and analysis of the euro scene, better coverage of the local vets, ladies and junior racing and in depth coverage of technical stuff, both mechanically and physiologically. Jmv.

I watch GCN and GMBN for cycling news and reviews. They are about 600000 and sixty twenty one % better than Supercycling.

If I ever suffer from Insomnia I'll be sure to watch Supercycling.

Fixed

Edited by Cacey

There is a huge gap for better coverage on all local events. I have to also agree that they can also cover the V categories when doing event coverage at least in a results page. Its always only the 2min of the front 2-5 elite riders and then a talk to the sponsors.

I think it was said before that the event are expected to pay for coverage package which is also why the coverage is so crappy if you look at the prices. The channels don't cover events for free to gain ratings etc. which is really sad. I suppose that's the only way to fund it in this country.

FUNDING FUNDING FUNDING... whose going to pay for it??? NOBODY.

Stop paying one of the boring guys salary, then they surely could start funding coverage of our local racing. I mean, no coverage = no sponsors = no racing = nothing to cover = not even able to charge for coverage. But no, everyone needs a slice of the cake.