Candidate for new Supercycling anchor

Chris NewbyFraser

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats some opinion for a dude who doesnt own a TV :P

Like those guys who have never ridden an S-Works but say its ***...

Ha!

I do still watch TV when I visit people and go for braai's to watch rugby and stuff. 

We did away with TV about 4 years ago so I do have SOME experience..... No one could ride an S-WORKS for it's intended purpose and say it sucks.

Only those who had never tried one could actually say that without their nose growing....

if they were really looking for a new host i would look at:

Oli munnik - ex pro with media/industry experience, and a bit of comedic skills

A slick presenter type who actually rides (has Gerald De Kock ever done this gig...not necessarily him, but someone in that mold)

You'll need a lady, but a proper mtb who has done lots of stage races/riding not some poppie with nice teeth and big 29ers.

"Mingewoond" is the word you are looking for. That and we try too hard.

Thats how as Saffas come across on TV, be it presenters or MAMILs being interviewed at WP3 of some 20km race scoffing their 15th potato. "Jaa, hmm Ja," We say "ja" a lot.

Just watch one for the many motoring shows we have and you will see, we just try too hard to be like others.

um, ja, I think your are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eish... and that background music playing, when showing some local cycling events footage .... :ph34r:

Cause it costs money. And takes time. And effort. And all the presenters favourite music is only available on vinyl...

Derek Watts

Damn! The man has the surname for it! He will be known by his hashtag #wattagecottage and enter the show each week to this

I actually came across Mr Watts on the spruit a few weeks back,very pleasant oke........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn! The man has the surname for it! He will be known by his hashtag #wattagecottage and enter the show each week to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU

Actually #wattagecottage is taken by the very lovely Alison Atkinson. It's a part of her IG handle, Miss Wattagecottage.

We could always call Derek #MrWattsbiker!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Actually #wattagecottage is taken by the very lovely Alison Atkinson. It's a part of her IG handle, Miss Wattagecottage.

We could always call Derek #MrWattsbiker!

She will gladly relent the handle to The Real Slim Watts. Such is the power of the man. 

She will gladly relent the handle to The Real Slim Watts. Such is the power of the man.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighttttttttttttttttttt..................

At least I know that Ms Atkinson wins the good looks department. Definitely easy on the eye!

608943ad5159744e5d6fc053e0d1e507.jpg

• 1 month later...

owenhannie"And that's a wrap folks!" The last episode of SuperCycling. Thanks for all the memories over the past 16years 

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk