Candidate for new Supercycling anchor

Chris NewbyFraser

Last little exposure that our teams got just went out the window?

How could a cycling program get canned? The industry is growing....

Yip, I agree. Feels like there's an opportunity gone.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip, I agree. Feels like there's an opportunity gone.

But again, there is always oppertunity in change.

I think there is a gap for some youngsters to start a great YouTube Channel version and build a career out of it.

Agree, space is created for transformation and it is a good thing. I will definitely subscribe to a Youtube Channel that will deliver content that is fresh, relevant and international with a Saffa flavor and that does not need to be sensored to fit the Supersport image/non-image.

Believe the decision to take of air was mainly based on viewers decline, but also wonder if the comments here, were the final cherry on the cake?  :whistling:

Damn, I missed it (the farewell) - my DStv subscription came to an end yesterday, so can't say I'll miss it and all the other stuff.

It is a sad day that what little exposure there was could be no more.

I am surprised we have not seen any GCN equivalent. Imo the show is easy to disrupt if you can source content or produce own.

The Epic has shown you can skip satellite if your web offering is strong enough.

dunno. a few guys have tried local rugby shows and that doesn't even work!

But again, there is always oppertunity in change.

I think there is a gap for some youngsters to start a great YouTube Channel version and build a career out of it.

I could not watch it live - too long winded - but I liked the inserts on local races/events and some of the discussions. Used to record it and watched the bits I wanted to. Will miss it...

https://youtu.be/M6yfVjmVUww

if they were really looking for a new host i would look at:

Oli munnik - ex pro with media/industry experience, and a bit of comedic skills

A slick presenter type who actually rides (has Gerald De Kock ever done this gig...not necessarily him, but someone in that mold)

You'll need a lady, but a proper mtb who has done lots of stage races/riding not some poppie with nice teeth and big 29ers.

my bad. didn't realise Gerald de Kock was the actual host!!

he did(is doing) a mtb podcast, which just stopped. it was quite decent , but doing think we're into this sort of thing yet locally

here is the last one - http://dogreatthings.co.za/blog/dgt-podcasts/is-the-night-before-the-calm-before-the-storm/

Know your target. Most rugby guys are boneheads and still use Nokia 3310s.

A large part of cycling is new tech, Online news, Twitter feeds etc... This has been driven by both necessity and demographics.

Look I'm not about embark on full feasibility report, but in all seriousness, the average cycling viewer is more likely to watch something online that the average rugby viewer.

Edited by Patchelicious

What about the guy who MCs/announces at all the Exterra events?  he is the most AMPED up high voltage NUTTER to get a bit of spice in the dreary paint-drying broadcasting that SS currently puts out.

Does anyone know this guy? He's the oke who blasts through the PA like a megadeth concert an endless tsunami along the line of:

"ITS ANOTHER FAN. TAS. TIC. DAY FOR ALL YOU EX. TERROR. WARRIORRRS!!!!!!

- and all this while you have a category 5 cyclone lashing the field with horizontal rain - this guy is the most upbeat chap this side of a pharmacy of controlled substances. 

Know your target. Most rugby guys are boneheads and still use Nokia 3310s. Yoh!!

Lets see how this goes!

A large part of cycling is new tech, Online news, Twitter feeds etc... This has been driven by both necessity and demographics.

Look I'm not about embark on full feasibility report, but in all seriousness, the average cycling viewer is more likely to watch something online that the average rugby viewer.

Know your target. Most rugby guys are boneheads and still use Nokia 3310s. Yoh!!

Lets see how this goes!

Shhhhh, but if they get upset about that chirp they kinda prove a point..... ;)

http://www.lurenet.com/media/wysiwyg/bombersaltwater/underwater/LongA.gif

Know your target. Most rugby guys are boneheads and still use Nokia 3310s.

yes, but here is a good example

a really great little show. 5000 views.

supported by rugby365, one of the big portals.

You are right in saying that cycling okes will be more likely to watch, but there are just so many more rugby fans out there so you don't need to capture the market. - i refer back to the podcasts, supported by old mutual. didn't take off!

yes, but here is a good example

a really great little show. 5000 views.

supported by rugby365, one of the big portals.

You are right in saying that cycling okes will be more likely to watch, but there are just so many more rugby fans out there so you don't need to capture the market. - i refer back to the podcasts, supported by old mutual. didn't take off!

Ok my bad, apologies. Its a crap idea. Nobody do it!!!!

Ok my bad, apologies. Its a crap idea. Nobody do it!!!!

No. It's Genius!

With shows like GCN and GMBN leading the way there's scope for a local once a week Youtube channel punting product, Doing reviews, and covering races. This is the way with modern media.  DSTV is already dead. They just haven't gotten the email yet.

I haven't had DSTV for 3 years and I don't miss it one single bit.

I get my cycling kicks from the UCI youtube channel, GCN, GMBN and The Col Collective.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Most rugby fans don't know how a computer or the internet works.  :ph34r:  :whistling: