Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

I am sure this bike will be featured in Bicycling SA before the on line release!?!?

They aren’t on the internet yet.

You can have a look, but please bring a couple of cheeseburgers.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have made a few replies on this thread about how ebikes allow "father-and-son" to enjoy the outdoors together .. yada yada ... and in my minds eye it was obvious I was talking about the 30-something son with his dad nearing retirement age ....

guess I should have been more specific ...

Saw a father-and-son ebikes at Meerendal. 

BOTH on ebikes ... okay that does not sound too wierd ...

The one being 30-something ... still not wierd ....

The other being 9 or 10 years old !!  :eek:   :eek:   JIP, boetie on his junior-size ebike joining dad on the trails ....

I am SURE it can be "justified" .... but it just looked SO wrong seeing an able bodied kid on an ebike ......

Have you guys seen these bikes -  www.unfit-whocarescycles.com. No 1 seller is the BPenspower model with a built in tummy cradle. 

that's so forward thinking! Its like a seat belt for bicycles

I am sure this bike will be featured in Bicycling SA before the on line release!?!?

Not in Bicycling SA, but willbe featured in Caravaners Weekly. Some gear ed including new Crocs with built in Moonbags, not even joking.

There were a lot of conventional mtb riders that looked just as unfit. Don't blame the E Bike. Just saying  :w00t:

couple of ebike riders on the Durbanville hills that are seriously fit !!

There were a lot of conventional mtb riders that looked just as unfit. Don't blame the E Bike. Just saying  :w00t:

A friend of mine looks unfit, but he's actually pretty fit and fast. Round is a very aerodymic shape :P

All the ebike riders i saw at houwhoek looked unfit. Justsaying

Does anyone at HouwHoek Tour look fit...

It looks like a bit of a jol for funriders post Argust sub 3 promises so an Ebike fits right in. In fact every contestant should be issued with one for the duration of the event

All the ebike riders i saw at houwhoek looked unfit. Justsaying

Surprised they didn't have panniers, being tourists...

I have made a few replies on this thread about how ebikes allow "father-and-son" to enjoy the outdoors together .. yada yada ... and in my minds eye it was obvious I was talking about the 30-something son with his dad nearing retirement age ....

guess I should have been more specific ...

Saw a father-and-son ebikes at Meerendal. 

BOTH on ebikes ... okay that does not sound too wierd ...

The one being 30-something ... still not wierd ....

The other being 9 or 10 years old !!  :eek:   :eek:   JIP, boetie on his junior-size ebike joining dad on the trails ....

I am SURE it can be "justified" .... but it just looked SO wrong seeing an able bodied kid on an ebike ......

That would be me............. and thanks for the compliment of being called thirty something :thumbup:

This would be my son and yes he has just turned 9..... you all welcome to come try keep up with him......

on the DOWNS :ph34r:

"I am SURE it can be "justified" .... but it just looked SO wrong seeing an able bodied kid on an ebike ......"

Pretty shitty remark mate????

Riding e-bikes together has vastly improved his skill set and his fitness. You try throwing around a bike

that weighs the same as you. My son weighs 26Kg his Giant Stance (Size small not junior-size?) weighs around 24Kg.

It has also allowed us to ride all the trails in the Durbanville Hills network. Unbelievable father and son time together where we both can compete like for like. I dont see many other eight year olds doing sub 3:50's

down the Cobra or wait............. see many eight years olds full stop on those trails.

And for the record my son has a dirt jump bike, bmx and a Giant Trance but the best times we have TOGETHER is on our ebikes.

ChrisF - Maybe come join us for an e-Bike ride.... You welcome to borrow my wife's and see if you can keep up? Both on the ups and the downs  :whistling:  :devil:  :whistling: 

I warn you once you go E.... there is no turning back!

post-69707-0-34141400-1557931225_thumb.jpg

post-69707-0-35725100-1557931248_thumb.jpg

post-69707-0-60617300-1557931266_thumb.jpg