Cape Town Cycle Tour warn of strong winds on Sunday

News bot

We have been advised that there is a high probability of severe winds on the Cape Peninsula within the next 24 hours. We strongly urge Cape Town Cycle Tour participants who are either not comfortable or do not have experience riding in strong winds, to carefully consider their decision to participate tomorrow. We believe wind conditions will not be as strong as in 2009, but they will nevertheless be severe. Cyclists and spectators must please take note.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Vlaanderen and I'm gonna ride like a true Flandrien, nondedomme!

Let us know how the Cape wind compares to conditions back home. :)

Whooot here we go .... good luck all.

After battling the wind all the way to the top of Suikerbossie in 2009 (taking 6 hours), 'they' tried to close the road back to Camps Naai   ...

So there is a growing mass of angry cyclists being held back, then an ambulance arrives to go through which parted the crowd like Moses did the Rea Sea and a lot of us followed in its wake and carried on regardless to finish, it wasn't so bad although it took effort to cycle down the gradients with the Doctor in ur face. And surely if one has made it thus far, one had right to continue.

Let us know how the Cape wind compares to conditions back home. :)

I don't ride with so much wind back home, sssht don't tell anyone

Edited by Belgian biker

So which direction is this wind? Are we gonna k@k riding toward smitzwinkel or back up chaps and suikerbossie?

So which direction is this wind? Are we gonna k@k riding toward smitzwinkel or back up chaps and suikerbossie?

Anything but it blowing direct behind you is an ordeal  - believe!

And be prepared to get sand blasted heading into Vishoek - might be an idea to stop & stock up on some vis en tjips whilst you are passing so keep the spirits high for the rest of the journey