CT Cycle Tour: Suggestion to change to 1st weekend of April

buchanan

if it's not IM then it will be Masi protesting - the *hit stirrers aren't stoopid, they saw what their little protest did before IM went up in flames in March. time for the 'The Alternative to the Argus' 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So any idea when entries are opening?  :ph34r:

Been too quiet on The Hub lately, and Friday is just around the corner. . .

So any idea when entries are opening?  :ph34r:

Been too quiet on The Hub lately, and Friday is just around the corner. . .

Usually September.

Edit: But with a lot of people getting "preferential" entries this year I am not sure how it will work. In the past I used to get to enter a few days before normal entries open up.

Since its the rumour season with pro transfers etc, the Cycle tour are probably just getting traffic clearance for the event to end at top of the Glen, then an easy roll down Kloof nek.  :devil:

Don't know why this is even being discussed. I'm not even going to enter the 2018 CTCT.

The chances are good to extremely probable that some trumped up "protest action" will prevent it from taking place.

"They" saw this year just how easy it is to sabotage the route (at multiple points) and will hold the City of Cape Town hostage with this threat.

So, to prevent disappointment, I have made peace with the fact that I will end my run of consecutive Argus'es at 14. Was aiming for 21, but alas......

do I need to put it in comic sans?

Don't know why this is even being discussed. I'm not even going to enter the 2018 CTCT.

The chances are good to extremely probable that some trumped up "protest action" will prevent it from taking place.

"They" saw this year just how easy it is to sabotage the route (at multiple points) and will hold the City of Cape Town hostage with this threat.

So, to prevent disappointment, I have made peace with the fact that I will end my run of consecutive Argus'es at 14. Was aiming for 21, but alas......

2 Oceans went off without a hitch, The Argust should be OK.

Unless there are new issues to 'discuss'

2 Oceans went off without a hitch, The Argust should be OK.

Unless there are new issues to 'discuss'

And as did numerous other sporting events as well I presume? Negativity will always reign supreme, I personally am very much looking forward to the 40th anniversary 2.0!!!

that makes two of us.

sad but true.

did a few sub 3's and double lap.

This year I requested a refund on my double lap entry (was fine for loosing the first lap entry) but it was rejected with some kind of default e mail response.

That was the final sign.

that makes two of us.

sad but true.

did a few sub 3's and double lap.

This year I requested a refund on my double lap entry (was fine for loosing the first lap entry) but it was rejected with some kind of default e mail response.

That was the final sign.

that makes 3

these buggers are too arrogant for me. 

+1

• 3 weeks later...

Next time this race takes place CPT will be on water restriction level 13 which means that only sand is allowed to be drunk during sporting events... :ph34r:

a pre emptive strike on the comments on how bad the argus is for water consumption.  Sure the race didn't take place but all the tourists came and everything was in place as if it did. I suppose the oke in halfway up suikerbossie who likes to spray cyclists for 6 hours didn't get his tap out for once.

post-1830-0-18912000-1503396020_thumb.png

if it's not IM then it will be Masi protesting - the *hit stirrers aren't stoopid, they saw what their little protest did before IM went up in flames in March. time for the 'The Alternative to the Argus' 

What's ironman got to do with it?

edit:comic sans were the original intention!

Archived