[Event] The Fair Cape Dairies Philadelphia MTB

Annemart

I hate dorstberg

Best comparison that I can quickly think off is the Dorsberg jeeptrack climb on Meerendal

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How was the 76km. When my alarm went off this morning I just turned around and had the best lie in ever

Anyone else only do 33 Kms on the 39 route?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Yep and 585m ascent as well.

The did mention at the start that they knocked off 3 km, so not sure if that also had something to do with it.  What I took from it, I need to train more, my legs were sooo  tired in the middle / end.  But I did my bit and stopped at each water point (think there were 8, I sort of lost count)

The sand had its challenges but did not the thorns, those two climbs I think it is best not to mention them to much.  

Those climbs were epic, really enjoyed those. Added more sealant to the tyres before the race however it seems this year that was not necessary. Took one wrong turn on the 76km which had me and a couple of guys climbing over a fence and almost heading to the 2nd hill again  :drool:

Those climbs were epic, really enjoyed those. Added more sealant to the tyres before the race however it seems this year that was not necessary. Took one wrong turn on the 76km which had me and a couple of guys climbing over a fence and almost heading to the 2nd hill again :drool:

I took the same wrong turn, almost climbed the fence as well but luckilly a fellow rider disuaded me!

I have done 3 of the 5 Philly races including the badly organised 1st one. Great to see this race improve everytime I return. I thought the new long route is an improvement over last time. Will definitely be back.

Also only did 33 on the middle route which felt way too short. That is an impressive hill to start the race with and I enjoyed the winding section next to the river tremendously - fast and flowing and not too much sand.

Nice race and I reckon I will do it again next year - maybe the longer one if I keep getting fitter.

E bikes? All 4 are very very unlikely indeed.

Results are out with first 4 in 76km looking pretty suspicious- even beating the A bunch and doing average of 33km/h.

Firstly, I enjoyed the race. Well organised, nice tough climbs. Nice race. However, I had a lot of cheaters starting in my group using other peoples PPA boards. Obviously as a PPA member you are eligible for both a mtb and road cycling numbers. What is becoming clear to me is that a certain group of people who only attend the road races, are giving their mtb boards to friends to ride with. I did the shorter route with my girlfriend. There were guys riding with A and B seedings who held up everyone as they walked up hills and sandy sections. They were so slow. What is the PPA view on this? Sorry for the rant, we work hard to get a seeding and start in front of the less skilled people for a reason.

Edited by Johny Bravo

I might do the shorter one next year of I am not much fitter. Heading for that second hill into the teeth of the wind costed me a lot of matches.

last year we also took a wrong turn about a few km before where the last waterpoint was today. ended up at a farmhouse fromwhere we could see the route continue