UCI DH World Cup 2017 #1 - Lourdes 29-30 April

Stretch

the thing is, Loris is stupid quick, and i'm in the camp that believes he is better than Loic. So seeing him up there is not a surprise at all. All three 29ers in the top 10 is interesting, but all it says is they might be marginally faster than they would be in another, smaller wheelsize, not field-smashing stuff. granted, early days at race level. Things can always improve.

More interestingly ;), did rachel stop for a picnic on a way down during qualies?

Seriously the womens cat was so boring last year I'd give anything to see someone else win.

Edging towards Myriam..

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously the womens cat was so boring last year I'd give anything to see someone else win.

Edging towards Myriam..

Agree. But unless some serious bad luck or injury for Rachel I don't see anyone coming close to her in the foreseeable future. Just a complete different level. Maybe she'll also get bored and go compete against the blokes. 

Thanks Andrew. Cant believe SS is not broadcasting it. Only one of SA's most successful athletes after all.

Pathetic!

So I assume the XC will also not be televised?

Looking at Mr Minn's results for the past two years, suggests today's qualifying result is nothing exceptional for him on a 29er:

2016 (qualies/finals)

round 1: 32/15

round 2: 37/17

round 3: 113/1

round 4: 5/5

round 5: 3/3

round 6: 4/6

round 7: 10/2

For 2016, Mr Minn only really found his groove at round 3. His qualifiying results and finals results are pretty much midpack in the top 10. Today's (isolated, aka still rest of season to come) suggests he has simply picked up where he left off last year. He is after Mr Consistency. Thus it's hard to say if the 29er does him any favours just yet. At best it hasn't hurt his season yet, but it hasn't yet boosted him to the front of the pack.

Someone might say that is the case with Loris, to which I would disagree: Loris was a hulk waiting to be unleashed. Moving teams did that, not the wheels (at least not with great certainty).

Looking at Mr Minn's results for the past two years, suggests today's qualifying result is nothing exceptional for him on a 29er:

2016 (qualies/finals)

round 1: 32/15

round 2: 37/17

round 3: 113/1

round 4: 5/5

round 5: 3/3

round 6: 4/6

round 7: 10/2

For 2016, Mr Minn only really found his groove at round 3. His qualifiying results and finals results are pretty much midpack in the top 10. Today's (isolated, aka still rest of season to come) suggests he has simply picked up where he left off last year. He is after Mr Consistency. Thus it's hard to say if the 29er does him any favours just yet. At best it hasn't hurt his season yet, but it hasn't yet boosted him to the front of the pack.

Someone might say that is the case with Loris, to which I would disagree: Loris was a hulk waiting to be unleashed. Moving teams did that, not the wheels (at least not with great certainty).

Spot on, I reckon once he sees improvement or non in 3 or 4 rides, he may or may not switch wheels. Will he be allowed to?

Spot on, I reckon once he sees improvement or non in 3 or 4 rides, he may or may not switch wheels. Will he be allowed to?

I don't it will be A problem , I can be wrong tho...

the stream aint working ...

Uhm, don't know if they are still busy working on it or what.

But I am patiently waiting with a peanut butter milkshake in my hand.  :whistling:

http://i.imgur.com/52yzhwc.jpg

Starting Soon...

How is it working this season? Is there now an hour break before the men's race? They keep mentioning 3 pm.

Archived