UCI DH World Cup 2017 #1 - Lourdes 29-30 April

Stretch

Funny thing. On most of my Morzine trips I've spotted Tahnee Seagrave. She used to live there in the summer. And I was always amazed that she seemed happy to show boat on the main lines under the lifts rather than ride the super steep gnarly stuff that Eddie Masters etc were riding.

Bike parks are fun but whips don't win world cups.

She heard you were there Duane...

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so i just watched this and managed to not see any news so it was like it was live. 

Greg destroyed the rest (who competed in the crappy conditions) on dry tyres

Danny Hart should have been DSQ'd for outside assistance.

Kinda glad I didn't make an effort to watch it "live." Again, a ~3min run is cut to less than 2min. Nowhere could you even see where the last guys lost so much time. 10 s of footage in the rainy conditions and then the rest is still dry and dusty. Gonna join the chorus: red bull tv sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda glad I didn't make an effort to watch it "live." Again, a ~3min run is cut to less than 2min. Nowhere could you even see where the last guys lost so much time. 10 s of footage in the rainy conditions and then the rest is still dry and dusty. Gonna join the chorus: red bull tv sucks!

did you not see Danny Hart Slip on an iced track on a straight right at the finish? When the weather set in that track was brutal. Not muddy...just ice. Watch the WynTv interviews after the fact - everyone is in big jackets and scarves..temps were well below at the end of the run

did you not see Danny Hart Slip on an iced track on a straight right at the finish? When the weather set in that track was brutal. Not muddy...just ice. Watch the WynTv interviews after the fact - everyone is in big jackets and scarves..temps were well below at the end of the run

No. Only watched a few of the runs yesterday.

Yes this is extremely disappointing. Cant say that I would be keen to watch the others, or rather put time aside to specifically watch "live". I might as well catch the highlights

Scary thing for the guys like Vergier, Bruni, Hart and Gwin who all ended up in the back of the field: if any of them have a DNF/DSQ or very bad result as a result of a mechanical in any of the next rounds, their title hopes would be pretty much toast. That's the sad thing about only having 7 races in a WC series.

I for one am not disappointed. I love surprises. I love the drama.

I could not have asked for a more interesting start to the season.

lol, I cant believe how hung up a lot of people still are over wheel size...

But I agree with Popcorn Skollie, the conditions make for an interesting start to the season.

Sucks that we couldnt see the Top boys form, but look forward to the next race.

I'm just Happy that Greg still got some decent points 

Bruni needs to replace his tampon...

Gutted for Gwin and I expected Hart to have an amazing run because it was muddy, that didn't happen...

All and all this has definitely made the rest of the season more interesting for the men , The women ...ja wel  

Ja totally.  I - too - find it exhilarating when people's careers are jeopardized because of random events that make the playing field completely unfair.

Big difference between dry vs wet runs and safe vs completely suicidal conditions.  But who am I to argue with Team Bikehub Factory Racing.

Ja totally.  I - too - find it exhilarating when people's careers are jeopardized because of random events that make the playing field completely unfair.

Big difference between dry vs wet runs and safe vs completely suicidal conditions.  But who am I to argue with Team Bikehub Factory Racing.

So what do you propose Nico?

The event be stopped? Time penalties be given to the dry runs like the Duckworth-Lewis conundrum?

Because we all know that when it starts to rain suddenly out on the trail, we summarily stop our bikes, and phone a friend due to the treacherous conditions.

Perhaps the riders can get some "act of God" loss of income insurance?

Edited by RocknRolla

So what do you propose Nico?

The event be stopped? Time penalties be given to the dry runs like the Duckworth-Lewis conundrum?

Because we all know that when it starts to rain suddenly out on the trail, we summarily stop our bikes, and phone a friend due to the treacherous conditions.

Perhaps the riders can get some "act of God" loss of income insurance?

Well up where you ride, you could get struck by lightening when it rains so maybe you should stop ... :-) 

I am surprised at how few crashes we saw in the build up and on race day compared to last year. Even when things went pear shaped it was only a few riders who took dirt naps. Gwin's was the finest effort - matched only by his crazy crash at Leogang last year, I think it was. 

You know. Loic was always one of my favourites. That laaitie is top step contender for any race. To be labelled as such a serious threat at such a young age. And I think he's only just scratching the surface of his potential. He has his entire career ahead of him. So he lost some points. Throwing his toys out of the cot. Pfft. Cry me a river.

Chill, bro. Always so aggro.

It's an outdoor sport. Wet conditions are an inherent risk factor.

BTW, Team Bikehub Factory Racing sounds pretty sweet. You could be the truck driver. I'll be the midpack racer who's there to make up the numbers and score some team points. Droo can be the magical mechanic. Now all we need is the star racer and the borderline-retarded, but loveable git who somehow got the factory racting team ticket.

Edited by ØÐINSȪƝ